Ranchers.net Bull Session

Faster Horses

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
nr
Rancher
Rancher

Postby nr » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:53 am

Had a beagle named Kino who wouldn't hunt.
We had Caesar (a dog that urinated EVERYWHERE so I wouldn't recommend that name)
Then we had a great happy, smart, white-footed border collie Sneaker which we shortened usually to Sneak.

Followed by a mistake- a Dalmatian I named Doctor because I wanted a doctor in the family. Dumbest doctor who didn't last long.

Followed by Hobbs- small black lab who actually smiled if we'd been out for awhile, a good watchdog yet loving.
Hope you find a fun name. Your pup sounds cute (sigh)

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:38 am

Got 5 dogs now - Ebony, Chump, Lulu, Skeeter and Casey. If these city folks don't quit dropping them off, I'm going to run out of names and start numbering them.

Denny
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Denny » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:10 am

[quote="Soapweed"]Seems like in the movie, "Big Jake", John Wayne just calls his dog, "Dog". That would be an easy name to remember.[/quotE/

My dad had an old redbone hound when I was a kid he called dog but he liked that John Wayne movie..

nr
Rancher
Rancher

Postby nr » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:32 am

Denny Blowers wrote:
Soapweed wrote:Seems like in the movie, "Big Jake", John Wayne just calls his dog, "Dog". That would be an easy name to remember.[/quotE/

My dad had an old redbone hound when I was a kid he called dog but he liked that John Wayne movie..

What's a "redbone hound" , please?

alabama
Rancher
Rancher

Postby alabama » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:37 am

A Red Bone is a hound dog or a tracking dog. They make good coon dogs and deer dogs. They are also used for tracking people. The red bone is a larger dog with longer legs so they move the game a litter faster.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am

BMR, regarding the mineral article--that is quite alright. That information should not change from even one year to the next. It might need rewritten a tad bit. I just sent it to you to see if we were on the same page as far as what you were wanting. Just cranked it out quickly.

Thanks everyone, for the dog names. Maybe we will just call her "Soap." I kinda like that. Hafta see if it fits. She really is a doll. Jumped out of the tractor yesterday so now we have to be super careful she doesn't do that again. She is so couragous. That is why we wanted one of these dogs, they are tough and have neat personalities. She sure catches on quickly. Stays right with you when you are outside. Comes when you call her. But my husband puts her on the couch with him, so guess where she likes to be when she is in the house? She lays right down and is very nice when she is on the couch so I can't say too much...until she wants down. Then she better go RIGHT OUTSIDE!! LOL!!! I will try to post a photo of her soon.

V_Key

Postby V_Key » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:22 pm

Faster Horses
The other dog that came from the same place we called 'ZIP'

I'd call dog #2 "Poo"(sp) after the Old "Zippoo" lighters! :cowboy: :???:
Mr Mom :wink:
Brand "V¬"
Public Relations Internship "Post Grad"@ San Jose State University
Founder - Time To Vote • org 501(C)(3) pending

Photo's
http://imageevent.com/v_key/

In My Pen
or
On My Fork
I Love
Lamb - Beef n Pork

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:59 pm

Hubby named our German Shepard "Bullet", cuz he said if she didn't chase cows the way she's supposed to, she was going to get a bullet. We've had Bullet for 8 years now so she must be doing something right.

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:00 pm

Speaking of dog names, my brother-in-law named his dog "Twice". He said it never comes if he calls it once.

A cowboy was riding through unfamiliar country, and came upon a homestead shack inhabited by an old bachelor. The bachelor invited him to tie up his horse and come in for dinner. The cowboy picked up his plate and surveyed it rather despairingly. He commented, "This plate doesn't look too clean."

The old cook growled, "Heck, it's just as clean as soap and water can get it."

The cowboy shrugged, and tried not to think about the situation as he ate his dinner. When the meal was completed, the bachelor picked up the plates and set them on the floor. He then hollered, "Here Soap, here Water!"

faster horses, if you name your pup "Soap" you can name your next one "Water". :-)

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:18 pm

LOL!!!

I liked that Soapweed!! Good one!

Liberty Belle
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Liberty Belle » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:53 pm

It was a good one and just tied in well with a housekeeping wreck that #5 bachelor son had this week so both made my column. Thanks!

Return to “Coffee Shop”