Ranchers.net Bull Session

Snow

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
Oldtimer

Snow

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:30 am

Well Macon, no blizzard to get everybody talking about- but I did wake up to snow- little skiff on the ground, but its starting to come down heavier- supposed to get less than an inch-- 27 degrees out...

Its really funny if you watch the animals you can predict better than the weatherman-- Like I said in another post- yesterday morning the bulls were tearing the place up- horses all acting snorty-- then in the afternoon I saw 9 bald eagles hunting like crazy around the hayfields- right at sunset, I was watching the cows and horses-- both were running around bucking and kicking- fighting each other- looked like a meadow full of 6 year old kids-- then last night the coyotes were singing from all directions......They flat knew this weather was changing........

Buckskin

Postby Buckskin » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:31 pm

:) Oldtimer
Not to sure about this new outfit on here. What do you think? We had some lite snow early. Take care

Oldtimer

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:10 pm

Buckskin wrote::) Oldtimer
Not to sure about this new outfit on here. What do you think? We had some lite snow early. Take care

Buckskin- ended up with about an inch and a half of wet snow- most is melting on the roads altho I hear Hiway 2 is slicker than snot...

Wasn't sure I would like this new format, but it does offer many more features- as long as we don't lose many of the old ranchers.net family I think it will work- my fear was that some computer dummies like me would be scared away..................

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:24 pm

Oldtimer....talked to my dad last night and he says he woke to 5 inches of wet, sloppy white stuff (he lives 125 miles nw in deer lodge)....we got a sciff lastnight that was melted within an hour of sunrise...the mountains got a little which will help!!

Liberty Belle
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Liberty Belle » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:22 pm

Oldtimer: "then in the afternoon I saw 9 bald eagles hunting like crazy around the hayfields- right at sunset"

I counted 15 bald eagles between our place and a little town sixty miles away the other day. Endangered? I don't think so.

Tom S

Postby Tom S » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:37 pm

Liberty Belle wrote:Oldtimer: "then in the afternoon I saw 9 bald eagles hunting like crazy around the hayfields- right at sunset"

I counted 15 bald eagles between our place and a little town sixty miles away the other day. Endangered? I don't think so.

Had 24 Bald Eagles in our neighbors field last fall after deer hunting when they hauled out the scraps onto a plowed field. And I don't know how many crows raising heck around them.
"The Prohibitionists say that drinking beer is bad for you but the Bible says that Noah made wine and drank it and he only lived to be 950 years. Show me an abstainer who ever lived that long." Will Rogers

Return to “Coffee Shop”