Ranchers.net Bull Session

rkaiser- looking at your catalog

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
Mike
Rancher
Rancher

rkaiser- looking at your catalog

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:56 pm

and that Red bull of yours is a damn fine looking bull. (All look good but he caught my eye) Hope he does well in the sale. Mike
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Oldtimer

Re: rkaiser- looking at your catalog

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:17 pm

Mike wrote:and that Red bull of yours is a damn fine looking bull. (All look good but he caught my eye) Hope he does well in the sale. Mike

Mike- I was looking at the Welsh Blacks he has- impressive I thought...- Had always been interested in the Galloways after reading the studies that Montana State University did- reported that they were up to 25-30% more energy efficient in winter in this country because of the hair and fat layer.... If only a guy could get the buyers to look beyond all the hair.....But those Welsh bulls looked good........

Mike
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:40 pm

OT:"Mike- I was looking at the Welsh Blacks he has- impressive I thought...- Had always been interested in the Galloways after reading the studies that Montana State University did- reported that they were up to 25-30% more energy efficient in winter in this country because of the hair and fat layer.... If only a guy could get the buyers to look beyond all the hair.....But those Welsh bulls looked good........"

Those Welsh Blacks can't have much more fat than the angus do now, they are a bunch of slobs. Some down here on test with almost an inch of backfat! But the hair couldn't hurt up there. Yea, I liked all of Randy's bulls. Probably too much hair for down here though. When the slick haired angus are laying in the shade my chars are out grazing. Color helps too.

[/quote]
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Northern Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Northern Rancher

Postby Northern Rancher » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:03 pm

I can't open your e-mails with those pics in the format you are sending is there another you can try.

Return to “Coffee Shop”