Ranchers.net Bull Session

Kosmo Kid's "Letter to his Daughter"

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
JF Ranch

Postby JF Ranch » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:33 pm

nr wrote:I believe it is humanly impossible for a person to successfully leave loved ones in the lurch without it coming back to haunt them in some heavy, wearisome way. And the only cure is restoring contact. They can never ever be mentally free until they return and set things right. I pray that comes very soon for her.

This is a very comforting thought and I hope it is as meaningful to Soapweed's family as it is to me.

I can tell you that as Soapweed's cousin, this ordeal has had a profound effect on me. I probably would have lost my sanity or like Cal, have tried something more aggressive and wound up in jail. I was not the only one who would have gladly formed a posse to force this to a conclusion.

I am amazed at how they have managed to openly discuss this with their heads held high, while logically and lovingly keeping it all in perspective. I am confident that inside, their hearts ache terribly at times, but it is remarkable to me how they have been able to manage a normal life.

It is a testament to their strength of character and faith that they have been able to continue on so well. They are living an example that I truly admire.
Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all.

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:57 pm

Thank you, cuz. Those were kind words and we have greatly appreciated your support all through this ordeal. Thanks again.

Hanta Yo
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Hanta Yo » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:38 pm

She truly is gifted and it is heartbreaking how she is throwing it away. Our prayers are that someday she wakes up and sees how weird things are....only a 1 family cult....and her father-in-law walks and talks with God himself. I'll bet he thinks he is God himself. Sadly, this is emotional and not rational.

Our prayers to you. Brock wrote a wonderful piece, and is surprising since men don't like to show the "nurturing" side of them. I cannot find the right words about men and "nurturing" but I hope you understand.

You also know what we have been going through but a totally different story. We also empathize with the loss of a daughter. We just pray Tiffany will come to her senses and get out of her situation, and pick up where she left off. Our case is pretty much irreversible.

You just do what you have to do, don't dwell on what you have no control of. In other words:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

God bless you and your family,

Hanta Yo
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'
-Ronald Reagan

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Kosmo Kid's "Letter to his Daughter"

Postby Soapweed » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:38 pm

While looking for other posts, I came upon this letter that the Kosmo Kid wrote to his imaginary daughter. Now he has a beautiful little daughter, and a son, and another on the way. I want to bump this post back to the top, and report that "ALL IS WELL." Our daughter Tiffany came back home in October of 2008. She now lives in England, and is happily married to a fine British lad. She has two wonderful step-daughters, ages 9 and 12. The wedding was held at our ranch last August, and 18 people from England made it across the big pond to help celebrate. Tiffany is a very happy young lady, and we thank God every day for this miracle.

mrj
Rancher
Rancher

Postby mrj » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Soapweed and family, somehow, I missed this 'beginning of the story' but knew of a mystery abduction of sorts. That you all have suffered much.....and grown tremendously in strength and love for one another in the process is very apparent.

Hopefully, it helps all of us to follow your example and cherish and love our families the better for knowing your story. Your faith is an inspiration.

mrj

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:48 pm

Soapweed wrote:While looking for other posts, I came upon this letter that the Kosmo Kid wrote to his imaginary daughter. Now he has a beautiful little daughter, and a son, and another on the way. I want to bump this post back to the top, and report that "ALL IS WELL." Our daughter Tiffany came back home in October of 2008. She now lives in England, and is happily married to a fine British lad. She has two wonderful step-daughters, ages 9 and 12. The wedding was held at our ranch last August, and 18 people from England made it across the big pond to help celebrate. Tiffany is a very happy young lady, and we thank God every day for this miracle.

It truly was a miracle. You and your family are an inspiration and a fine example, for you never lost faith.
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:18 pm

So great Tiffany returned, prays answered.

Interesting reading posts from past members, some I think I had forgot.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Return to “Coffee Shop”