Ranchers.net Bull Session

Good Mornin' All

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
nr
Rancher
Rancher

Postby nr » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:43 pm

"Anyone interested in taking a crack at it? Forcast the weather in
your area for the next 30 days, or longer if you want. First one to do
it, just title the subject "Weather Forcast."

There you have it folks- another first on the Ranchersnet- weather fortune telling.
But Faster Horses, does this mean we all have to get
pregnant again? Seems like the forecasters on tv are
always wearing maternity clothes. If so, count me O-U-T!
Or in ranchersnet parlance "count me open."

Hanta Yo
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Hanta Yo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:06 pm

Hi, Nicky,

Got the calves off the cows yesterday, weaning is never easy. It seems a person goes to great lengths to MAKE SURE wrecks don't happen. This morning we only had 1 calf out, got it in, looked around and a cow tried to jump the fence sometime during the night and didn't quite clear. She was hanging over the top of the fence with her front feet on the ground, hind feet dangling. Stupid cow. Spousie and I did get her off the fence with the tractor, she's a little sore but otherwise unhurt. I hope she is smart enough not to do that again. I also hope it was a warning to the rest of the herd...
I've been on this website about a month but it is fun. We live north of Billings, MT.
Welcome aboard!
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'
-Ronald Reagan

Nicky
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Nicky » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:18 am

Good morning,
Glad the weaning went well, hope they all stay healthy now. Did you get much snow? Ours melted the next day, is supposed to be clear and mild for the rest of the week. Might not have to spend much time irrigating this summer.
I'm having fun with this website, as Faster horses said it is addicting! :-) Have a nice day.

PPRM
Rancher
Rancher

Postby PPRM » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:32 am

Soap Loves to buy horses, heck he could have stopped by the Hermiston Horse Sale on the trip to Nickies.

Clear and dry in a lot of Northern Oregon. Been driving between Spokane and Portland a lot this week. Two shows. Will be in Portland at a Home and Garden show the rest of the week,

Glad weaning is over for you Hanta Yo.

Any of you Montanan's know Bob Blackwell? I actually brought him to Baker City area for some Horsemanship Demo's a few years back and
have used him a lot in other areas to. Bob kept stuff pretty simple and didn't try to peddlle any "Magic Sticks" and such. Curt Pate is the on who talked Bob into trying these demo's

PPRM
The difference between a rut and a grave is the depth

PPRM

Return to “Coffee Shop”