Ranchers.net Bull Session

something for "fightless Friday"

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
nr
Rancher
Rancher

Postby nr » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:54 am

My husband came back from Denver with the bug (so I blame this on his business trip). I should have found another bed but stayed by his side and came down with it a few days later- fever, sore throat which later went into much congestion of the head, then a cough which we still have weeks later. His chosen remedy was Contac. I decided to give MRJ's doctor's advice and chose peach schnapps. Our illnesses have progressed the same, I just have felt a little happier than he has!

Our son down south has had same thing most of January but it went into a sinus infection so my suggestion is do whatever you have to to beat down the head congestion lest it take up permanent residence. WE all concur it makes you feel dragged out for a long time. I was not able to get a flu shot this year (first time in probably 15 years) and I can't remember having a bug like this one. Next year we'll drive to Canada if we have to to find a flu shot.

Tom S

Postby Tom S » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:31 am

nr wrote:
Our son down south has had same thing most of January but it went into a sinus infection so my suggestion is do whatever you have to to beat down the head congestion lest it take up permanent residence. WE all concur it makes you feel dragged out for a long time. I was not able to get a flu shot this year (first time in probably 15 years) and I can't remember having a bug like this one. Next year we'll drive to Canada if we have to to find a flu shot.

Sounds like the same one nr, trouble is the flu shot doesn't seem to help.The timetable is about the same as the one we had here so now you know rancher.

The posts about food poisoning bring back alot of painful memories, had both salmonila and e-coli from way south of the border. Much
safer to go north.
"The Prohibitionists say that drinking beer is bad for you but the Bible says that Noah made wine and drank it and he only lived to be 950 years. Show me an abstainer who ever lived that long." Will Rogers

rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby rancher » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:57 am

I got cows fed, came in and sucked down two glasses of ice water and headed to bed. 8 1/2 days to go, hope the rest of the family doesn't get it. Don't know where I got it. I say we outlaw the flu from North America and throw away the colds while we are at it. Sure take feeling good for granted.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:47 pm

Rancher it's just your old age catching up with you.
Post your address so if anybody knows a doctor that makes house calls they can give them DIRECTIONS. :cowboy:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:54 pm

rancher wrote:I don't have a fever, so wonder what it is. Just aches, loose cough that about rips my throat out, hot inside and freezing on the outside, no headache or runny nose. Will go to bed after I get the cows fed. I spent most of the day in bed off and on, have to get up as it makes you ache more laying in one spot. I never did handle sick very well. Wife would be sick and kids sick at the same time and she still handle it all. I can hardly take care of my cows and me at one time. Whiskey is what I need.

Rancher whiskey has mended me more than once,like RANCHWIFE SAID BEER WILL MAKE YOU FEEL WORSE BUT YOU DRINK A QUART OF GOOD WHISKEY LAY DOWN A COUPLE HOURS WHEN YOU WAKE UP YOU WILL BE READY TO RUN A FOOT RACE..............GOOD LUCK

rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby rancher » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:56 pm

Big Muddy Rancher, If I post my address to hell with Dr. just bring a gun and fast.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:01 pm

Go for it. :cowboy:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby rancher » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:17 pm

I am too weak to type my address. :( Can sleep about an hour and have to move the old bones. Sure feel like hell for only being 29 years old.

Oldtimer

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:25 pm

rancher wrote:I am too weak to type my address. :( Can sleep about an hour and have to move the old bones. Sure feel like hell for only being 29 years old.

Big Muddy and I would come down and feed for you, but we don't know where you're at- probably just end up in the Bison ruining our own health....... :lol:

rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby rancher » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:35 pm

For some reason I don't trust you to get through Miles City. Then next week I would have to read all the fun you had at the Bison on the trip to help Rancher. If you made it past Miles City, you probably would have to stop at the Montana in Broadus too. Starting to get the sneezes, so maybe I am on the down slope of the aches.

CW

Postby CW » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:34 pm

:wink: I have to agree with the whiskey thing.. Many years ago I had the "plague" and was on the couch with my son's comforter when a friend came to visit. My husband was gone with the kids but my friend said "I will fix you up!"...
Well, he did it alright...kept the hot whiskeys with lemon juice and honey coming till I was so @@@@ that I had to be put to bed! The next morning I felt like a million bucks, all germs, aches, pains, etc. were gone! Hey, whatever works!! :D
Hope everybody with the bugs gets better soon!

rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby rancher » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:04 pm

CW I bet you felt like a million because you were still drunk. My dad used to mix em strong, put lots of wool blankets on the bed and sweat it out. Maybe that is what the Indians sweat lodges did. I really want to try it, but hate to have a headache on top of it all if it doesn't work. :cry:

Return to “Coffee Shop”