Ranchers.net Bull Session

Test to see where you are from

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:51 pm

Same as Tom S. 43% Yankee (barely into the Yankee category). Must be from the influence of my mother, who was born and raised in Minnesota. Although around here we never "go with" like they do in Minnesota, but instead "go with you" which must be pure Nebraskan. :)

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:58 pm

44% Yankee, barely into the Yankee catagory.

Hummmmmmmm!

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:01 pm

Oldtimer wrote:49% Yankee- Need some of those drive thru liquor stores up here....

i'm with you OT!! 49% yankee....still get guff from folks who hear me describe our place as the o'dell "crick" ranch...just always the way i talked....imagine my surprise when we moved to saratoga wyoming 5 years back and they had "drive thru" liquor stores :shock: laughed myself silly (which is not hard to do) :D
Love wins....ennis, montana....June 14, 2003!!!
Never forget!

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:03 pm

katrina wrote:I wish!!!! When I lived in Kimball Nebraska, my friends would use the drive through window in Wyoming and get mixed drinks in a dixie cup...They worked the night shift on an oil rig.
Do you ever wonder what a person looks like that you correspond to on Ranchers Net? I do... I know what Soapweed looks like and OT, but I wonder about the rest of ya....

katrina...would put a picture on here, but my computer already broke down once :lol: don't wanna risk it!! been thinking how nice it would be to be able to meet some of you someday......just a thought!! :wink:

Never forget!

Oldtimer

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:05 pm

ranchwife wrote:
Oldtimer wrote:49% Yankee- Need some of those drive thru liquor stores up here....

i'm with you OT!! 49% yankee....still get guff from folks who hear me describe our place as the o'dell "crick" ranch...just always the way i talked....imagine my surprise when we moved to saratoga wyoming 5 years back and they had "drive thru" liquor stores :shock: laughed myself silly (which is not hard to do) :D

That is a neat test- wife came out 47% Yankee-- I just e-mailed it to my vet- he's an old Georgia boy that has lived here in Yankee country for 30+ years-- waiting to see if he has any Johnny Reb left in him...... :-)

Denny
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Denny » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:47 pm

mine said34% you are definatly a Yankee

Jinglebob
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Jinglebob » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:12 am

49 % I'm almost a reb! And great grampa fought for the north! 'Course it really don't count for me as I was born in Switzerland. But then I've lived here since I was less than a year old. Never seen a bug that you poked and he rolled into a ball.

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:46 am

Jinglebob wrote:49 % I'm almost a reb! And great grampa fought for the north! 'Course it really don't count for me as I was born in Switzerland. But then I've lived here since I was less than a year old. Never seen a bug that you poked and he rolled into a ball.

jinglebob....my great-great-great granpa was born and raised in tennessee and fought for the north, also...still have pictures and letters in a box the man wrote home to his wife and "black-eyed babies"...unfortunately, he did not live to see home...died coming home from a southern prison camp (cahaba) when the steamship sultana blew her boilers on the mississippi... :cry:

Never forget!

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:15 am

91% (Dixie).....After all these years living in Kansas too. My southern roots must run deep.
Where there is a will, there is a way.

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:23 am

Ranchwife, I agree with you... Say a get together in the middle to everyone. I really would like to put a picture of a hiefier we have, for everyone to critique...Anyway have a very good Tuesday... It's going to be a wonderful day.... :D

alabama
Rancher
Rancher

Postby alabama » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:53 am

I have posted my pic before but if y'all want i will try again. how about someone stating a post with pictures.

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:37 am

Alabama wrote:I have posted my pic before but if y'all want i will try again. how about someone stating a post with pictures.

You better be careful posting your picture ALABAMA next it will be your boot size.................good luck PS I would hate to have to go buy a digital camera just to post a picture of my cow dogs.

Return to “Coffee Shop”