Ranchers.net Bull Session

Test to see where you are from

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:22 am

Bama, If you don't have a ponytail, I'll be disappointed. Haymaker, I'd like to see your dogs. I have one that is just like another child. Goes everywhere with me. Has no cow dog blood, but will herd cows better than most for me..

Kansas

Postby Kansas » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:58 pm

55% Dixie, wife 58% Dixie

Oldtimer

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:48 pm

katrina wrote:Bama, If you don't have a ponytail, I'll be disappointed. Haymaker, I'd like to see your dogs. I have one that is just like another child. Goes everywhere with me. Has no cow dog blood, but will herd cows better than most for me..

Katrina- I saw a picture of Alabama- no ponytail-- but definitely spindly old knobby knees :lol:

Shelly
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Shelly » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:53 pm

Actually, I was quite surprised to see a farmer/rancher in shorts!

alabama
Rancher
Rancher

Postby alabama » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:26 am

You are suprised to see a farmer/ rancher in shorts? If you have ever spent a day in an Alabama hay field in July on an open tractor, you would no longer be suprised. Lose fitting cotton shirt with short britches and a wide hat are the only way to go. Back when I was a kid all I wore was a pair of shorts and they had holes in them. My rake tractor is an old JD 2020 where you sit with one leg on each side of the transmition.
It is just to dang hot for boots and jeans.

Shelly
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Shelly » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:31 am

Don't be offended, I meant nothing by it! It's just that around here, everyone including myself, wear jeans all the time. Hot or not! BTW, your legs aren't spindly or knobby!

alabama
Rancher
Rancher

Postby alabama » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:42 am

Thank you darlin. You should try wearing shorts in the summer. When you get too hot just stop the tractor and jump in the pond to cool off. And right back on the tractor. I have to stand up for a round or two and let my shorts dry.

Shelly
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Shelly » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:57 am

Don't have a pond! I'd only sink to the bottom if there was one, anyways. I swim like a rock! I have to stand up, too, once in a while to let my jeans dry on the backside. The air-conditioning doesn't get to that spot!

alabama
Rancher
Rancher

Postby alabama » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:13 am

air-conditioning? It would just not seem like farming with Air-conditoining. I may have to get a tractor with AC when I get old though. :wink:

No pond? hummmm. If you had hot muggy summers like we do I bet you would dig one. How do your cows cool off in the afternoon. Mine like to stand in a pond. Or walk up and down the creek splashing cool water on themselves.

Shelly
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Shelly » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:26 am

In the one pasture, they hang out in the shade of the trees. In the other one, which is 15 miles or so from here, there is lots of water and they stand in it when it's hot. There's free flowing natural springs, so there's LOTS of water! We were thinking about stocking it with fish.

And what's with that old, wink wink, comment? I'm not as old as you might think I am! I'm just spoilt, need my air-conditioning! I get really cranky when it doesn't work, been known to go on strike a time or two.

Oldtimer

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:42 am

Alabama wrote:air-conditioning? It would just not seem like farming with Air-conditoining. I may have to get a tractor with AC when I get old though. :wink:

Don't wait too long- air conditioning is hell on arthritis-- I'd just as soon have an open tractor or best one with a cab that has all the windows that will open......But we usually only get a couple weeks of 90 and 100 degree days- never even got the air conditioning charged in anything last year.....

Aaron

Postby Aaron » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:42 am

16% Yankee...must be the time of day.

Return to “Coffee Shop”