Ranchers.net Bull Session

Hey Mike!! Why all the Hoopla???

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
TimH
Rancher
Rancher

Hey Mike!! Why all the Hoopla???

Postby TimH » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:52 pm

I finally managed to collect some money that a couple of my beef customers owed me. Don't ask how!!
Anyway, me and Mama headed into the big city(Brandon,about 30,000 pop.) today to pick up some supplies etc. I even sprang for a long overdue haircut and lunch at A&W(their steak burger sucks).
After all the talk about "Tangle Ridge" whiskey I bought a jug of it just to try it........Long story short.... I think I'll stick with Jack Daniels.Tangle Ridge just don't work for me!! There are other CDN whiskeys that I like better and cheaper,too!!!
Am I a traitor for liking JD better than Tangle Ridge??? :wink:
PS. I'm a beer man so maybe my taste in whiskey doesn't count for much!!! :lol:

Mike
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Hey Mike!! Why all the Hoopla???

Postby Mike » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:12 pm

TimH wrote:I finally managed to collect some money that a couple of my beef customers owed me. Don't ask how!!
Anyway, me and Mama headed into the big city(Brandon,about 30,000 pop.) today to pick up some supplies etc. I even sprang for a long overdue haircut and lunch at A&W(their steak burger sucks).
After all the talk about "Tangle Ridge" whiskey I bought a jug of it just to try it........Long story short.... I think I'll stick with Jack Daniels.Tangle Ridge just don't work for me!! There are other CDN whiskeys that I like better and cheaper,too!!!
Am I a traitor for liking JD better than Tangle Ridge??? :wink:
PS. I'm a beer man so maybe my taste in whiskey doesn't count for much!!! :lol:

I don't care for the "hot" taste of JD. I like to just pour that TR over ice and sip it. Crown Royal works pretty good. But I guess if one brand fit everybody there would only be "ONE" brand!

I especially like the "finish" (aftertaste) on the Tangle Ridge! If you don't want it, send it down here and I'll dipose of it. :lol: Depends a lot on what you get used to. I guess. Sorry you were disapointed :???:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

TimH
Rancher
Rancher

Postby TimH » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:50 pm

Mike-"Sorry you were disapointed "

Not really dissapointed, it is allright, just nothing special, to my taste buds anyway. You are right... to each his own I suppose.
I was always a big Mark Twain fan and have always wanted to take a trip down the Mississippi. If I ever do I'll bring the rest of that bottle along and look you up when I get down that way!!!! :lol: :lol:

sw
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sw » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:07 pm

Mike,
Once had a doctor tell me that if you ever got the flu, get in bed with extra blankets and drink Ezra Brooks till you could see 4 feet sticking up. If it did don't cure you, you did not care by morning. Did convince me to try to drink the Ezra, better than Tangle in my opinion, but after 3 or 4 who GAS
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. FREEDOM IS BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BY THE BRAVE SO THE FREE CAN BE FREE.

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:26 pm

sw wrote:Mike,
Once had a doctor tell me that if you ever got the flu, get in bed with extra blankets and drink Ezra Brooks till you could see 4 feet sticking up. If it did don't cure you, you did not care by morning. Did convince me to try to drink the Ezra, better than Tangle in my opinion, but after 3 or 4 who GAS

sw....never heard of the "four feet up" rule :shock: :D gonna have to remember that!!!
Love wins....ennis, montana....June 14, 2003!!!
Never forget!

Mike
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Mike » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:48 pm

sw wrote:Mike,

I guess that's why I never get sick. I see 4 feet sticking up most every time I'm in bed. :shock:

I know Ezra well! She and I used to run around together. :wink:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Return to “Coffee Shop”