Ranchers.net Bull Session

My journey in the last couple of weeks/months

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:11 pm

jodywy wrote:thanks for the story... what happened across Wyoming :???:

I heard that Wyoming wasn't really there. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby jodywy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:
jodywy wrote:thanks for the story... what happened across Wyoming :???:

I heard that Wyoming wasn't really there. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:cry2:
"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:40 pm

Yes, I forgot to share my thoughts about Wypming, so here they are...
I drove straight from Southern CA to Evanston, Wy. My goal was to get as far as Cheyenne, but I didn't make it. I stopped in Cheyenne on my way home from TN; it was on Memorial Day, and I got to drive downtown for a little while. I must say, it is a pretty town. I enjoyed seeing Wyoming and the horses on that trip. That day, I drove through a hail storm outside of Cheyenne, it was my first experience in such weather, so I just stopped along the highway with all of the trucks and cars to let it pass...

Wyoming reminds me of where I live in CA, but it is a lot prettier. I am a horse fanatic, so seeing some horse farms was a treat. By the time I got to Evanston that night, I could have scare a few bugs the way I looked that night. Also, I felt as sticky as a piece of gum that has been chewed for several hours. Feeling hungry and feeling dirty gets me very cranky. I saw a Days Inn, so I rushed to get there. Well, you would have thought that I was going to stay at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, as the converstion went as follows with the person at the front desk:

SB: Looks like a miniature horse loaded with a suitcase, purse which wights about 12 lbs, and my backpack with my computers.
SB: I opened the door, by this time I was carrying my own converstion about why do I need to take so many things inside....
Representative: I saw this Indian man that looked at me like he has seen a ghost and jumps out of the chair were he was sitting down at the business corner." He rushed and goes behind the counter. ..
SB: Hello, I wonder if you have a room available tonight? What's the rate? Do you take AAA?

Representative: Oh course we take AAA; the rate is $79.
SB: would you like for me to show you the AAA card?
Representative: oh no, I wouldn't think such a beautiful lady would lie to me?
SB: so women that are not "pretty" to your eye sight would be lying? His face turned as purple as an eggplant...didn't seemed to know what to say. I appreciate compliments, but some men need to back off a little. I am sure I came off as being rude, but I was so tired and cranky. I love to compliment people, but I also think there is a time and a place for such things....

SB: I have one last question for you, are your rooms clean?
representative: his jaws dropped. You would have thought I was pointing a gun at him.
representative: oh lady, you are just like my Mom... I asked, " how is that?"... Well, he said: everytime we go out with her, she starts inspecting the hotel room were we are staying, and my Dad and I tell her we can find her a job as a maid if she wants to...
Representative: oh let me help you with the things...
SB: oh no, that's OK, I need to work out my "Bingo Bags", he looked confused, but, insisted on helping me take them to my room... He was getting a little too familiar and I couldn't understand why he kept on smiling like a kid in a candy store... I hate being rude, but I wanted him to just answer my questions and give me the key to the room... My feet were so tired and swollen that day too....

The next day I got to see Casper; it is a cute little town. I almost stop there for a fix of Mexican food as "Marcello" was still craving it since Las Vega, but we missed the turn. I must say, all of the states I drove have their own beauty. Being in MN makes me realized how much more beauty there is outside of CA. The people in the Midwest are so nice, and I feel like home. MN has diversity. I have never seen so many Muslim women as I have here. Today, I visited Albertville, MN, to go to the Outlets there, and get a few things to wear for next week. I would live in the country if I could, but it would be hard to commute in the winter. "Charlie" must be smiling as he put the fitness center right across from my door, ever time I go into my apartment, I get tortured when I see the sign calling me in to go and exercise! I hope I can visit it tomorrow!
Does anyone have Internet from those companies that have ads on TV? I am trying to live below my means, and I can only get basic Internet with basic cable. I don't know if I want cable; I rather have Netflix... Any suggestions are always welcomed!

Good night,
SB

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:12 am

It has been quite a week for me working in Corporate America, and I have learned a lot about myself throughout the week. Right now, I wish I could have access to the Internet with my computer, but it is not the case. Around 2:10 AM this morning, someone tried to break into my apartment. About 5 minutes before, a big thunder episode woked us up ( my Mom arrived on Thursday night to visit and help me "settle in" ). I must say, it must have being my Dearest "Charlie" trying to warm us. The next thing I know is someone using a key to open te door; he or she managed to unlock the main lock; my Mom was smart enough to put te chain lock the night before; while this individual was trying open te door, we both started saying "hey, we live here" and I really can't remember what else, the person then quickly stopped and rushed out... My heart was racing by this time and the tears of fear flowing like a waterfall; I don't think I was afraid as much of what could have happened to me, as I am afraid of something happening to the greatest gift that ago has given me, my Mom. I can't seem to stop the flow of tears; the tears might be due to being extremely exhausted and/or for feeling scare. I have a job to go to tomorrow, but I can't wait for morning to come so that I can ask for a hour or so permission to come I late so that I can give management a piece of my mind for not changing the locks prior to leasing this place to me .... Please keep us in your prayers; it has been a long while since I have experienced this much fear.... I called the police and I don't know if they found someone on the grounds... I shall see what happens when the world comes to life again later today....

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:15 am

Take Care we're thinking about you. :-)

I can't tame wild women.

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:Take Care we're thinking about you. :-)

Thank you, BMR! I appreciate the good vibes!

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:20 pm

Sweetbasil, I was just thinking about you, wondering how you are doing, and when I got on the computer.........there you are!!

So how are things going for you? Getting settled in?
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Faster horses wrote:Sweetbasil, I was just thinking about you, wondering how you are doing, and when I got on the computer.........there you are!!

So how are things going for you? Getting settled in?

Where should I begin? Let's start by telling you about my first two weeks working in Corporate... Well, even though I packed tubs of shoes, I realized that I lacked business clothes after the first couple of days! I still need to continue to add more clothes to my collection slowly, but there are other priorities right now. I walked like Charlie Chaplin after the first few days of work as my shoes gave me some blisters that are in their last stage of healing right now. The first three weeks were based on many meetings, trying to learn the departments' operations and doing a lot of "GTKYs", which resulted in a few fried neurons!

I am grateful to have a job. I am currently working on different projects, under the Global Trade Services division. Two of them seem easy, and I will be executing some of the findings, and then, the third one is giving me a run for my money. This particular department is relatively new, and it is going through a major transition; the lack of data, and structure to do what they are asking me, it is a challenge, so I feel like they bought the buggy before the horse with this particular project. I think I will be taking a bold step, and proposing a few things to help them have a more solid structure... It is a risk, but only God knows why we have these intuitive ideas sometimes. I am a gambler at heart when it comes to life, so I already talked to my mentor, and he supports my ideas... Will shall see what happens; I am preparing the way I will be presenting these suggestions, so I can sell them to the project manager.

My personal life; I am making some friends, but I am the type of person who has a small number of quality friends instead of having the whole country as friends... There are moments when I get lonely. One of my co-workers, has been super helpful, and I found out that he will be leaving us on August 2nd :( He and his wife are planning on trying to find a job outside of MN, or possibly going back to NY. My Mom will be going back to CA early August, so I will be all on my own again. I don't know what I could have done without her help in the past four weeks.

I miss reading all of the posts here!

May you'll have a blissful, safe, and fun week!

Regards,
SB

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:35 pm

Thanks for catching us up. :D

Glad to hear your doing well, just remember us little people at ranchers when you become CEO of the company. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't tame wild women.

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:39 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:Thanks for catching us up. :D

Glad to hear your doing well, just remember us little people at ranchers when you become CEO of the company. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL...There is one CEO and everyone believes he is doing a good job... I want to be the CEO of my own life and like my manager said "it is better be the longest on the runway, then to be the first to take off..." Tomorrow, I'll be floating like a Penguin! I signed up for a beginner swimming class (LOL), almost ended up in a class with children 3-7... That would have been odd and funny at the same time... I better get my fins out and my swimsuit to get ready for tomorrow. The exercise will be great as I need to get back on W^2.

Have a great week!

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:21 pm

sweetbasil wrote:
Big Muddy rancher wrote:Thanks for catching us up. :D

LOL...There is one CEO and everyone believes he is doing a good job... I want to be the CEO of my own life and like my manager said "it is better be the longest on the runway, then to be the first to take off..." Tomorrow, I'll be floating like a Penguin! I signed up for a beginner swimming class (LOL), almost ended up in a class with children 3-7... That would have been odd and funny at the same time... I better get my fins out and my swimsuit to get ready for tomorrow. The exercise will be great as I need to get back on W^2.

Have a great week!

Don't forget your Water Wings. :wink: :lol: :lol:

I can't tame wild women.

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:29 am

Here I am in CA fighting off camera bugs with my latest weapon...

[img][img]http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p648/bennym63/photo4july19_zps14726067.jpg[/img][/img]

Here I am yesterday trying to leave for work... I miss my casual days...

[img][img]http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p648/bennym63/photoJuly20_zps2f683f77.jpg[/img][/img]

Age is sure catching up with me... Can't believe I will be entering another year of life soon...

Return to “Coffee Shop”