Ranchers.net Bull Session

My journey in the last couple of weeks/months

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Re: My journey in the last couple of weeks/months

Postby sweetbasil » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:38 am

mrj wrote:I'm not doing anything on fb right now, but have talked to her a couple of times, once just last week. I thought she might post something to catch us up here, but not yet, I guess. We saw here two or three times when we were in SF last winter, and missed out once when she had a 'bug'', and we were seriously avoiding those because my brother whom we were there to visit, had a kidney transplant. I was sorry we couldn't see her, as my daughter and sil were there, too, so they could have gotten acquainted, but maybe another time it will work.

Talking to her last week, she is very busy with here job, even getting in on some travel to other places the company is located besides Sioux Falls. And it seems to me her church is filling in nicely for her lack of family in the area. Her mother has been there to visit a couple of times, and I believe she said friends from Twin Cities were coming for a day, at least.

I believe she's in contact with FH, too??? Not sure if she said that, or that she wants to check in with FH. Guess I need one of those phone amplifiers, as I can't get my volume on the phone high enough to adequately hear some soft voices! Both of us would love to go to Rapid City if FH could meet us there sometime. I hope she does post here soon, but she is having a great time with her work, and her cute little apartment, it seems to me. That is exactly what my prayers and wishes for her have been, as she has been through a lot and is starting to really enjoy life again, with her job and her faith and life going well.

mrj

Dear SD Grandma,
I really enjoyed connecting with you last week :) I will provide you an update of the adventurous weekend with my MN friends hi woefully later today. I won't be coming your way for a Memorial weekend, I have a calling to spend a couple days in prayer at the Pacem do Terris in Saint Francis, MN. I have been praying about "what to do" and "being still" kept coming up. I think this place will give me an opportunity to spend more quality time I prayer in a different environment and renergize to come back to work.

http://www.paceminterris.org

I keep many of my fiends here in my prayers and if there is anything specific that I should pray for, please let me know. God answers our prayers indeed.
Have a blessed day,
Sweetbasil

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:01 pm

Looking forward to meeting both you and mrj in Rapid City sometime soon. Just let me know when!

Happy you are busy and fulfilled. God is good.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:46 pm

sweetbasil wrote:
Big Muddy rancher wrote:I sure hope some of you are keeping up with SB on Facebook because she has sure dropped out of sight on ranchers.

Hope she is just busy with her new job.

Hi Uncle BMR!
I am sorry that I haven't been here as often as I would have like but plan on coming back for good. Thank you for checking in.

Have a blessed day,
Sweetbasil

I understand you have been busy and I am very happy for you. Sounds like your job is challenging enough to keep you interested and your church is fulling your spiritual soul.
Have a great spring
Uncle BMR :cowboy: :D :lol:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:47 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:
sweetbasil wrote:
Big Muddy rancher wrote:I sure hope some of you are keeping up with SB on Facebook because she has sure dropped out of sight on ranchers.

Hope she is just busy with her new job.

Hi Uncle BMR!
I am sorry that I haven't been here as often as I would have like but plan on coming back for good. Thank you for checking in.

Have a blessed day,
Sweetbasil

I understand you have been busy and I am very happy for you. Sounds like your job is challenging enough to keep you interested and your church is fulling your spiritual soul.
Have a great spring
Uncle BMR :cowboy: :D :lol:

Thanks Uncle BMR!
The job is definitely interesting and my brain is getting a run for its money ---- sometimes it can feel a bit overwhelming, but I am so blessed with the job that I just keep plowing away. I need to complete a virtual Library to archive all of the important documents from the transition to the Market. It is funny how God uses our past experiences to help us in the present; at Target, I used SharePoint 2007 and created a virtual Library for the Compliance Team. My best friend now, was my project manager back then, and now, I am using SharePoint 2013 to do something similar to keep everything in one central location for my Department and others to access any files that they need. It will also give my Inbox some breathing room (LOL) and not get so full so often. I love to learn and this job really feeds my curious spirit and hunger for learning.

Have a good Thursday,
Sweetbasil

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:49 pm

Faster horses wrote:Looking forward to meeting both you and mrj in Rapid City sometime soon. Just let me know when!

Happy you are busy and fulfilled. God is good.

Hello Aunt "Faster Horses",
Yes, indeed, God is good! I will start looking at calendars and coordinate with my SD Grandma to see when we can have a ladies weekend. I know my SD would like to meet you as well :) Maybe we can hit a place for tea in the area?

Have a wonderful week,
Sweetbasil

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:51 pm

Greetings Everyone,
I don't eat fish, but I would love to go fishing at one of the local lakes. What do I need to go fishing? Any tips for a beginner?

Thanks!
Sweetbasil

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:53 pm

Greetings Everyone,
I have been blessed to have the privilege to listen to Dr. Charles Stanley's sermons and I am sharing with you all one of my favorite sermons. It really taught me so much about the power of prayer and how to pray.

May this sermons blessed everyone as it has blessed me.

Regards,
Sweetbasil

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:38 pm

sweetbasil wrote:Greetings Everyone,
I don't eat fish, but I would love to go fishing at one of the local lakes. What do I need to go fishing? Any tips for a beginner?

Thanks!
Sweetbasil

Probably a Fishing license to start with. :o

Colt catches fish with a Lightening McQueen fishing rod but you would probably want a Barbie one. :wink: :lol: :lol:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:51 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:
sweetbasil wrote:Greetings Everyone,

Thanks!
Sweetbasil

Probably a Fishing license to start with. :o

Colt catches fish with a Lightening McQueen fishing rod but you would probably want a Barbie one. :wink: :lol: :lol:

LOL...Forget about the "Barbie One" I'll take one with Dora the Explorer instead.... :D About the Fishing license, I would have to see where I can get one.

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:15 pm

Some days make a big impact in one's life and the rest are ordinary. I have been praying for something very dear to my heart since I was a Sophomore in high school. Last week, I felt that maybe my Heavenly Father was going to answer this prayer, and I was due to find out today. Well, the news are that the glimpse of hope I had last week is no longer there. It is definitely not His timing or maybe He does not want to answer that prayer. I have not have had the feeling of having a knot in my heart in a while, and today, I do not only feel like I have a knot in my heart that is making it difficult for my Spirit to breath but it feels as if my heart has been pierced. I hate questioning God's reason for it, but it is something that I need and don't understand "why" He is is taking so long to answer it. My mom reminded that God tests those He loves the most like He must have a plan for testing my patience and faith in Him.

I will just need to keep the faith alive one hour at a time, to help me wait on Him another year...

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:26 pm

He always answers prayers, SB, just not always the way we want.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

mrj
Rancher
Rancher

Postby mrj » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:38 am

Sweet Basil, I'm so sorry your heart is hurting! Life is such a mixture of pain and glory and too often the pain seems more frequent than the glory moments. Patience can seem so hard to achieve when we desperately want something that just isn't possible at the time, or maybe in the way we want it. Of course your prayers are being heard, and maybe you can find some comfort in that fact while you wait for His timeline, or in an unexpected way. I almost wrote 'surprising', then recalled how much I do NOT like surprises, even good ones, so changed to 'unexpected'. Doesn't make much sense, except to the often strange (according to others in my life, that is) ways my mind works sometimes.

Re. the fishing question, I will try to find some answers for you, since, if I understand correctly, the place you want to fish is in MN, and you are now a SD citizen. There are different rules in different states. I wonder if the facility you plan to attend can answer your questions, as they may have exceptions to rules for their property. They might also have fishing equipment to loan or rent, which makes sense for first time 'fisherwoman'. If you don't want to eat the fish, maybe you could use a lure with no hooks! Once, while staging fishing with my two grandsons who were then about ages 9 and 14, we 'caught' several very small pan fish. They simply grabbed and hung onto the little bobber tied to the line on old bamboo poles. It was a 'photo op' preparing for the Environmental Stewardship contest of NCBA when our ranch won the four state regional award about 15 years ago.

I spent most of Wednesday playing with Jordyn, and feel like I'm still recuperating! She hadn't been to "great grandma's' house in more than two weeks, and had to check out all the 'treasures' she could find here. She will be four years old the first week of May, and is growing up and easy to care for, but still takes lots of energy to answer the questions, especially the "great grandma Maxine, should we......." and those take some effort, especially when it is warm enough to blow bubbles, play with sidewalk chalk, pick dandelions and other wild blossoms widely scattered across the very large 'back yard'. We did pick up lots of pine cones, but the grass was already too tall to find most of them, I'm sure. A grand nephew (high school age) has a mowing business and I hope he can work on ours this week-end. Probably everyone else will want him then, too. Jordyn kept me busy finding 'snacks', too. She loves dry cereal and drinks flavored carbonated water, giggling at how the bubbles tickle her nose. We have a large toy horse, like the one in some of those great Soapweed photo's, and she just got the idea that maybe we could take 'Comanche' to her house for a few days. We just may do that so she doesn't outgrow the thing before she has put any wear on it. Her little sister Jaycie is almost 18 months old, so she will get her turn, soon. It does take some strength and length of legs to make it move, though. Currently, Jaycie mostly uses her little rocking horse as a step to climb onto her play table to better what is going on outside her window! She is a climber, loving to get on top of the dining table, and even that makes a great grandma's heart beat awfully fast when that feat is accomplished behind my back! And in a very short moment, too. She is learning that is not allowed. But you sure can't those tiny people. Wonder why they are so determined to get to the highest point they possibly can climb. And why, as adults, some of are so terrified of high places????

Better get something done to show for the early rising time today. Making some English Muffin Toasting Bread is next on my list! Dinner will probably be at about supper time today, as the crew is going to Indian Creek to sort off some pairs into a different pasture. I think it is 26 road miles over there, so will be a long day and they rode on calving cows here first, but the pickup and trailer just went by my window, so the big event of the day is getting on the road, maybe even a bit ahead of schedule.

mrj

Return to “Coffee Shop”