Ranchers.net Bull Session

Howdy!

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
Triangle Bar
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Triangle Bar » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:36 pm

It is always better to have to much tractor than to little. I enjoy your posts.
Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. - Rev. 3:20

Laughing Stock - Cows with a sense of humor!

Mike
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:20 pm

Goats are gonna get their head/horns caught in those wire panels........
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

TXDirt

Postby TXDirt » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:57 am

Triangle Bar wrote:It is always better to have to much tractor than to little. I enjoy your posts.

That is our thought as well, bigger is always better. We were really wanting a 4440, but man are people proud of those things around where we live!

Mike wrote:Goats are gonna get their head/horns caught in those wire panels........

You are right. How ever, that pen is just temporary, we built it the night before we got the goats because the perimeter fence wasn't quite done around the big field we are going to let them loose in. However, the fence is now done, but we have left the goats in this pen a little longer so they can get used to us, trust us and look forward to us coming out to them. We don't want to open that gate and them run and always stay away from us, we want them to like us being out there with them. They are really starting to get where they like being petted and handled. Hopefully in a week or so we will let them out of the pen. After we let them loose we are going to take down the cattle panels and run the same 2x3 welded wire with 2 strands of barbed wire like we did around the perimeter.

Hayguy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Hayguy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:46 am

Triangle Bar wrote:It is always better to have to much tractor than to little. I enjoy your posts.

normally i would agree, but in that era a lot of tractors lost the 540 pto shaft and became 1000 only with one jump up in model and hp. ex. 4440's had both speed's 4640 only 1000

TXDirt

Postby TXDirt » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:50 am

For those of you that like history:
The property has a lot of history for our area. It used to have the old Galveston-brazos railroad going right through it, the old cotton gin what made Kopperl a financially good town to live in back in the late 1800s, that old bridge that used to serve as an escape route out of Kopperl during the floods....

Anyways, this picture surfaced about a week ago on Facebook and I though I would share it on here. It's our gin back in 1907 and the lady that posted it said it's her great grandfather sitting on the horse buggy. My wife contacted the lady who posted the picture and actually got a physical copy of it, so maybe if she ever gets to scanning stuff I'll post the better picture.

Return to “Coffee Shop”