Ranchers.net Bull Session

The Band is All Together Again

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
loomixguy
Rancher
Rancher

The Band is All Together Again

Postby loomixguy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Daughter #1 flew into Omaha late yesterday afternoon. Daughter #2 picked her up and they rolled into the yard a little before 10pm last night. This is the first we've seen of Number 1 since early May, and the first time all the kids have been under one roof since then. I enjoy the relative peace & quiet with only the boy here, but it is nice to have the band back together for a few days.

#1 spent the summer in Washington, DC, as an intern for Senator Deb Fischer (R), Nebraska. She had the time of her life and enjoyed every minute of it, and brought back the neatest souvenirs you could imagine. She became best friends with another of Fischer's interns, who turned out to be the daughter of one of my old college buddies. It is truly a small world. And, although Harry Reid is holding over 350 bills on his desk and not acting on them, I can assure you that although the D's were "doing nothing", the R's weren't. She was busy, busy, busy the entire summer.

I would highly recommend the experience to young people & their parents, and encourage the youngsters to apply if they're interested at all in politics.
Arguing with a Kansas State fan is like playing chess with a pigeon.

No matter how good you are, the pigeon is just going to s*** on the chessboard and strut around like it won anyway.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Sounds like you raised her right! :D :wink:

Nice you are all together again for awhile. Those days will become
less and less, so enjoy them when you have the opportunity.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

loomixguy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby loomixguy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:41 am

Thanks, FH! The Boss & I tried to raise them "right". :wink:

It is nice having them all home...its been awhile since the house was filled with as much laughter as it was last night. Unfortunately, I am leaving this morning for Loveland, CO, for most of the week, so I'll miss out on all the "togetherness", as the girls will go back to Lincoln before I return home. But they'll be back for Labor Day. I can't believe how blessed I am with my bride & my kids, especially after seeing what others have went through.

Life can be incredibly good.

No matter how good you are, the pigeon is just going to s*** on the chessboard and strut around like it won anyway.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:46 pm

loomixguy wrote:Thanks, FH! The Boss & I tried to raise them "right". :wink:

It is nice having them all home...its been awhile since the house was filled with as much laughter as it was last night. Unfortunately, I am leaving this morning for Loveland, CO, for most of the week, so I'll miss out on all the "togetherness", as the girls will go back to Lincoln before I return home. But they'll be back for Labor Day. I can't believe how blessed I am with my bride & my kids, especially after seeing what others have went through.

Twice as nice is that you appreciate the fact that you are blessed!!!
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Faster horses wrote:
loomixguy wrote:Thanks, FH! The Boss & I tried to raise them "right". :wink:

Twice as nice is that you appreciate the fact that you are blessed!!!

I agree .................Best/joe

loomixguy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby loomixguy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:14 pm

They're here again, and this time it hurts. #1 was to pick up her car here, to start her new part time job for the Senator at the Lincoln office next Tuesday. I had the boys check her car out & we found a couple of minor problems, then a couple more, then we determined the heads were warped. The car isn't worth putting another dime into, so the Boss & I decided to let her take our Navigator back with her on Monday.

Which means....I gotta buy Mama some different wheels.....and the tuition bills are due September 12. How wonderful!

Headed to the money store (bank), hat in hand..... :mad:

jigs
Rancher
Rancher

Postby jigs » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:46 pm

you give mamma that F550 and I will be a gentleman, and GIVE you my mountain bike...cash value = $100. then we will be even!

for an ignorant old husker fan, I will give you credit, from what I hear in the grapevine, you did a good job in the parent department....

but your still an ugly old cuss! :wink:
never judge a man by his past, just pray he finds Jesus in his future.

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:27 pm

loomixguy wrote:They're here again, and this time it hurts. #1 was to pick up her car here, to start her new part time job for the Senator at the Lincoln office next Tuesday. I had the boys check her car out & we found a couple of minor problems, then a couple more, then we determined the heads were warped. The car isn't worth putting another dime into, so the Boss & I decided to let her take our Navigator back with her on Monday.

Which means....I gotta buy Mama some different wheels.....and the tuition bills are due September 12. How wonderful!

Headed to the money store (bank), hat in hand..... :mad:

Does the word "groveling" fit? I know, because I've been there. :wink:

loomixguy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby loomixguy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:45 am

The knees are still intact in my jeans, tuition checks are going out this morning, and Mama got her a 2012 model automobile.

NOBODY drives that F550 but me....nobody.

jigs
Rancher
Rancher

Postby jigs » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:05 am

loomixguy wrote: NOBODY drives that F550 but me....nobody.

good grief, this sounds like a challenge...."Captain Midnight" may have to make a trip to Cather-Land and try to steal a vehicle ......

to be continued.....
never judge a man by his past, just pray he finds Jesus in his future.

Return to “Coffee Shop”