Ranchers.net Bull Session

worth a look

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
jigs
Rancher
Rancher

worth a look

Postby jigs » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:57 pm

this past weekend I attended a three day conference for men

it is called Encounter the Cross www.encounterthecross.com

I believe there are many of these around the nation, and if you are anywhere close, I highly recommend you attend one. they have a mens and a womens encounter

for the bulk of my adult life, I battled depression off and on.... the past 8 it was more on than off, and it hurt my relationship with my family, kids, and my wife. the past couple have been very poor years.... well 6 months ago, my wife was ready to leave me. had the guy picked out and everything.... so God came crashing back into my life..... and into hers.... we have dug in with our heels, and refused to let life and satan defeat us. We grabbed onto the robe of Jesus as we were drowning, and He helped us to shore.... now each day we walk with Him, and we talk to each other with respect and honesty.... this weekend was the icing on the cake for me. It reaffirmed how I want to be, the man I want to be, the dad, the husband...... above all, I really LIKE who I am now......

Angie and I are re evaluating our goals. We will probably be selling off the land and a big hunk of the hay company... downsizing to a simpler life.... and trying to devote our lives to serving God more.

this weekend has really opened my eyes. Has set me on a path that I never thought I would be on..... I had to hit rock bottom before I could see the light, but He was there, to help me back up, and was with me, every step of the way.....

I encourage you to look into this program, and attend if you can. it is so enriching, and so inspiring, I know it can help each and every person, because we all have sinned.
never judge a man by his past, just pray he finds Jesus in his future.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Thanks for your post, jigs, for your honesty and your recommendation. Most of all, Congratulations on your walk with God. He changes things in a big way. He is there if and when we seek Him out.

The minister of the church we attend said once that older people come to God because of one of three things: Confrontation, Catastrophe, or Crisis.

May God continue to bless you and yours.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Good for you, Jigs, you are on the right path. God works wonders. Hang in there, and put your faith in Him.

flyingS

Postby flyingS » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:54 am

Jigs, you're a very admirable person and an example to all of us on here. Each one of us has our battles. Thank You for sharing.

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:58 am

It's a brand new morning, Jigs, and today is the first day of the rest of your life. Go for it. :-)

jigs
Rancher
Rancher

Postby jigs » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:13 pm

in the group session, we all gave a little reason why were there...some to find Jesus, some to renew faith.... I was there to be a better dad/ husband, and shared that we almost divorced 6 months ago, but have fought to keep the promise we made 22 years ago to each other and to God..... our goal is to be stronger and help others in our spot, BEFORE it gets to that point.... the next guy in the circle said he was there cause 2 weeks ago his wife asked for a divorce.... I immediately went to comfort him, and I know that God is calling me to help, He is going to use me and my experience to help other couples in bad spots.... I just hope I am up to it.....

it is a grand feeling to wake up happy and excited to help others, rather than trying to just help myself.
never judge a man by his past, just pray he finds Jesus in his future.

AC Diesel

Postby AC Diesel » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Good for you jigs, there's nothing better than walking with Jesus, and sometimes we will stumble but he's always there with open arms waiting for us to ask for forgiveness!!

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:56 pm

So happy for you jigs. :D
Glad you're getting your life on track before it's to late. :D :D

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

OldDog/NewTricks
Rancher
Rancher

Postby OldDog/NewTricks » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:33 pm

I hope things work-out for you…
In Gods We Trust!

I Believe in GOD
The “ONLY” Prayer I Make...
“Thy WILL BE DONE”
“Hope I can Learn N ACCEPT”

OldDog/NewTricks
Rancher
Rancher

Postby OldDog/NewTricks » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:35 pm

Hope things work out for you Jig's
In Gods We Trust!

I Believe in GOD

The “ONLY” Prayer I Make...

“Thy WILL BE DONE”

“Hope I can Learn N ACCEPT”

per
Rancher
Rancher

Postby per » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:48 pm

Good for you Jigs, a path worth following for sure.

Martin Jr.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Martin Jr. » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:47 pm

I attended a Cursio about 20 years ago. There are many patterned the same, Walk to Emmaus, etc. each geared to different religious traditions. Well worth the time.

Return to “Coffee Shop”