Ranchers.net Bull Session

Keurig

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
Traveler
Rancher
Rancher

Keurig

Postby Traveler » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:46 am

So my wife bought a Keurig single cup coffee maker a while back. Works good, always a fresh cup of coffee. Trouble is I can drink up one of those $40, 80 serving boxes of K-cups in very few days. :oops: So she ordered these, and tried them out this morning. So far, so good.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/cafe-c ... 68-product

Tom in TN

Postby Tom in TN » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:25 am

We have one of those at the place where I work a pari-time, afternoon/evening job. The coffee is too weak for my pleasure. Even using the "dark roast" blend on the smallest cup size, it's still too weak.

It's convenient, but I still prefer a pot of coffee over a cup of coffee.

Tom in TN

Traveler
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Traveler » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:15 am

Tom in TN wrote:We have one of those at the place where I work a pari-time, afternoon/evening job. The coffee is too weak for my pleasure. Even using the "dark roast" blend on the smallest cup size, it's still too weak.

It's convenient, but I still prefer a pot of coffee over a cup of coffee.

Tom in TN
Maybe the brewing temperature is set too low?

iwannabeacowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby iwannabeacowboy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Thanks for posting, that's a good option for cheap coffee to be hot and fresh all the time.

The cost of those little cups are crazy, and a place I work out of periodically was just talking about canning their keurig for the old pot. I just sent them a link to one of these.

Tom, one review I found said they grind the coffee finer and pack it with a spoon to get their desired stoutness.

m5farm

Re: Keurig

Postby m5farm » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:54 am

We just had a keurig bolt (makes a 64oz pot) installed at our office. our company negotiated a deal and we got the machine for free and buy the cups from staples. I have it figured it cost me 3$ a pot for coffee. It is excellent btw

Return to “Coffee Shop”