Ranchers.net Bull Session

New Forum??

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
Cowpuncher

New Forum??

Postby Cowpuncher » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:55 am

Malcolm,

What happened to Political Bull/

Also. the indicator showed I had a private message, but I was never able to access it.

CP
If it was easy, someone would have already done it.

cccattleco

Re: New Forum??

Postby cccattleco » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:11 am

If you can't see Political Bull, then you are not 'logged in.' You have to log in to see PB and to retrieve private messages.

cccattleco

Postby cccattleco » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:15 am

Also, after one 'edit' you can no longer edit or delete that post. What's up with that???????

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:02 am

I miss the little yellow "thingies" that showed whether or not I'd read a post.

cccattleco

Postby cccattleco » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Yeah, my post that said you have to log in to see PB......was edited. I had another sentence on there.....and it's gone.......

pups and bucks

Postby pups and bucks » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:26 pm

what the heck...........take off for a few days and somebody changes everything!!!......
If it has tits or tires,it's going to give you trouble...........

M Gravlee
WebMaster
WebMaster

Postby M Gravlee » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Soapweed wrote:I miss the little yellow "thingies" that showed whether or not I'd read a post.

The new version is similar but different colors and smaller icons. On the Forums list page the forums that you have unread messages have a red icon in front of them. If you have read all the messages in a forum the icon is blue.

Same for the topics list. Except if you click on the little square icon just to the left of the topic it will carry you to the first unread post. On the page with the posts a small red icon appears on your unread posts just to the left of the poster's name.

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:05 pm

M Gravlee wrote:
Soapweed wrote:I miss the little yellow "thingies" that showed whether or not I'd read a post.

The new version is similar but different colors and smaller icons. On the Forums list page the forums that you have unread messages have a red icon in front of them. If you have read all the messages in a forum the icon is blue.

Same for the topics list. Except if you click on the little square icon just to the left of the topic it will carry you to the first unread post. On the page with the posts a small red icon appears on your unread posts just to the left of the poster's name.

Thanks for the explanation. It is hard to teach us old dogs new tricks. :-)

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:32 am

I have a question. Where are the emoticons when I want to add them to a post? I can make the smile one with the keyboard, but there are times when I wish to use some of the others. Also on the old forum I could use 'previous post' and 'next post' which I can't find here so I have to go back to the top and again click on the category I am reading. Thanks for an explanation. I'm sure it is just me that is having this problem.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:51 am

Faster horses wrote:I have a question. Where are the emoticons when I want to add them to a post? I can make the smile one with the keyboard, but there are times when I wish to use some of the others. Also on the old forum I could use 'previous post' and 'next post' which I can't find here so I have to go back to the top and again click on the category I am reading. Thanks for an explanation. I'm sure it is just me that is having this problem.

If you do a "quote" or "post a reply" the smilies show up :D if you do a "Quick reply" they don't seem to show up, :? Hope that helps :cowboy:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:13 pm

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks BMR.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

M Gravlee
WebMaster
WebMaster

Postby M Gravlee » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:04 pm

Faster horses wrote:I have a question. Where are the emoticons when I want to add them to a post? I can make the smile one with the keyboard, but there are times when I wish to use some of the others. Also on the old forum I could use 'previous post' and 'next post' which I can't find here so I have to go back to the top and again click on the category I am reading. Thanks for an explanation. I'm sure it is just me that is having this problem.

Yeah. If you click on the Full Editor & Preview button they are all there.
Or the red Post Reply button at the top left.

Return to “Coffee Shop”