Ranchers.net Bull Session

What's an old pickup worth?

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Cal
Rancher
Rancher

What's an old pickup worth?

Postby Cal » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:01 am

Thinking about getting rid of a 1969 3/4 ton 4X4 pickup with 46,000 actual miles on it that we've had since new. Mostly sat inside with a tank loaded on it, has a few "farmer" dents. How would you go about setting a price on something like that? Is it collectible?

frenchie

Re: What's an old pickup worth?

Postby frenchie » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:26 am

Cal wrote:Thinking about getting rid of a 1969 3/4 ton 4X4 pickup with 46,000 actual miles on it that we've had since new. Mostly sat inside with a tank loaded on it, has a few "farmer" dents. How would you go about setting a price on something like that? Is it collectible?

Get yourself an Autotrader or similar magazine..perhaps even an online autotrader may help

good luck

Murgen
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Murgen » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:22 am

I have a brother in law, that has sold and bought trucks on Ebay. He seemed happy with the experience. I believe you can place a reserve bid.

the_jersey_lilly_2000
Rancher
Rancher

Postby the_jersey_lilly_2000 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:45 am

69 - 72 are extremely HOT items now days. Depending on the shape it's in. but with only 46,000 original miles I'd think that'd be a big plus. What size engine does it have.
My mom bought my dad a 69 for christmas in 69...was handed down to me when I got my drivers lisence. OMG I loved that truck. My brother has it now...but I've looked and looked and finally found a 72 last spring to restore. They go anywhere from 1200 up to 20,000 on ebay...but they are also one of the most affordable trucks to restore because chevy has given up the patents and there are now other companies that make replacement body parts. original 396 motors are hard to find and worth quite a bit. i'd do some checkin around...or keep it and restore it , heck with only 46,000 miles on it..it can't be in too bad a shape..good luck
Life is a roller coaster.
You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it!
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸
"Ever day's a good day, just some are better'n others"

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:52 am

Cal, we might be interested!!!! Are you getting snow? Our oldest is suppost ot go to Mitchell to compete in the science fair there... This weather is nice. but might mess up his chance to go... Bummer :cry:

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:33 am

Interesting that Jersey Lily assumed your pickup was a Chevy, while I automatically thought it was a FORD!! LOL!!

What kind is it?

Run an ad in your local paper or shopper and put it out for bid. Do a little homework and check out what they are going for. Have a minimum bid and reserve the right to refuse any and all bids. See what you get. You will probably get a BIG nice suprise!!~and a lot of fun besides!!!

the_jersey_lilly_2000
Rancher
Rancher

Postby the_jersey_lilly_2000 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:02 pm

lol is interestin.....haha I read it n never gave it a thought..I seen '69 and assumed it was a chevy...guess cuz for so many years...the 69 in our family was the chevy..hehehehe...
Yeah..what kind is it...Chevy or Ford??? enquiring minds wanna know....
Life is a roller coaster.

You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it!

¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

"Ever day's a good day, just some are better'n others"

Shelly
Rancher
Rancher

Re: What's an old pickup worth?

Postby Shelly » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:52 pm

Cal wrote:Thinking about getting rid of a 1969 3/4 ton 4X4 pickup with 46,000 actual miles on it that we've had since new. Mostly sat inside with a tank loaded on it, has a few "farmer" dents. How would you go about setting a price on something like that? Is it collectible?

You must not live where it snows! A 4x4 is a valuable commodity around here lately. Bring it up to snowy Saskatchewan, you'll get a mint for it right now! I don't know what we'd do without our rusty but trusty '77 Ford 4x4. It's the only vehicle we own that has been moving lately.

alabama
Rancher
Rancher

Postby alabama » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:30 pm

What is an old pick up worth?
To me mine is worth as much as it will cost me to do the same job without it. Folks say " why don't you sell that old truck?"
I tell them that I could not replace it for near what I would get for it and it workes just fine for feeding cows and building fence. So what if it ain't got no AC and no paint much and windshield is cracked and the muffler was long ago replaced with part of an old tube gate and a coat hanger. And what is wrong with uesing a boat cushon for a seat cover. You never know when you may have to swim for it. By the way the dog is trained to ride laying over the hole in the bed to keep stuff from falling out. Now who wants to retrain a dog?
No sir. If it runs good and gets the job done keep her it's cheaper. Sort of like a wife.

Cal
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Cal » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:32 pm

It's a Chevy, can't believe I left that out. 350 and 4 speed. Has never had anything major done to it besides maintenance. Thanks for all the input.

Denny
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Denny » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:34 pm

Cal wrote:It's a Chevy, can't believe I left that out. 350 and 4 speed. Has never had anything major done to it besides maintenance. Thanks for all the input.

I bid $100.00 cash

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:49 pm

My son wants to know if you'd be interested in trading for a 1973 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. :wink:

Return to “Ranch Talk”