Ranchers.net Bull Session

What's an old pickup worth?

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
the_jersey_lilly_2000
Rancher
Rancher

Postby the_jersey_lilly_2000 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:09 am

woo hoo...I was right..lol
Life is a roller coaster.
You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it!
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸
"Ever day's a good day, just some are better'n others"

Brad S
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Brad S » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:02 am

Cal, 'bout 5K. Those 67 - 72 chevs are hot. If the dents are few, a good home cleanup would raise the value to 6K to 8K. Go on ebay and you won't find anything like what you have. Ya always hear bout that old pickup some rancher p****d off, don't be that guy.

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:00 am

Denny wrote:
Cal wrote:It's a Chevy, can't believe I left that out. 350 and 4 speed. Has never had anything major done to it besides maintenance. Thanks for all the input.

I bid $100.00 cash

i'll see your bid, denny, and raise ya double!! my 17 year old would give his right arm for an old truck for him to use around town (and the ranch) and to pick up girls :wink: :wink: he says "chicks dig old trucks that ya put some love and work into" :? whadda i know, though...i'm just "mom" :D
Love wins....ennis, montana....June 14, 2003!!!
Never forget!

Denny
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Denny » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:03 am

ranchwife wrote:
Denny wrote:
Cal wrote:It's a Chevy, can't believe I left that out. 350 and 4 speed. Has never had anything major done to it besides maintenance. Thanks for all the input.

I bid $100.00 cash

i'll see your bid, denny, and raise ya double!! my 17 year old would give his right arm for an old truck for him to use around town (and the ranch) and to pick up girls :wink: :wink: he says "chicks dig old trucks that ya put some love and work into" :? whadda i know, though...i'm just "mom" :D

$500.00 now you've been outbid but you have herd that song I'm a pickup man or chicks dig it LOTS of TRUTH.

mrj
Rancher
Rancher

Postby mrj » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:26 pm

Cal, realizing there is a world if difference between your old low miles treasure and a wrecked '98 Dodge dually, we put an ad for our pickup in the Green Sheet and while we didn't keep track, I'm reasonably certain we got at least 40+ replies.

We started getting calls the day the ad came out, and finally sold it a couple of weeks later. Many were hoping for a restorable cab. Not to be..... after a run-away, and crashing into a 6' deep creek channel with a loaded caker behind the cab! We didn't want to cut it up, either, and got a buyer who came and hauled the whole thing away. We may have priced it a bit low at $4200.00.

Good Luck!

MRJ

Cal
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Cal » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:09 pm

Soapweed wrote:My son wants to know if you'd be interested in trading for a 1973 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. :wink:

Soapweed, your son needs a good old pickup to go ALONG with his Coupe DeVille. Multi-vehicle insurance discount. :wink:

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:51 am

the hubby would much rather have an older (50's, 60's, 70's) truck than the 2000 dodge ram he has now...cannot even begin to tell you how many times i have heard him cussin that damned truck!! for all the money they cost nowadays, you think they'd learn how to make them right!! :wink:

Never forget!

Denny
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Denny » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:16 am

Well my daughter just called she passed her driving test.See I bought a NICE 1984 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 for her last fall but I have been driving it since.You know to see if its dependable well now she wants the keys back.Guess I will have to fix my 84 Ford it is in getting a heart transplant,new brakes and some u-joints.So now my daughter can drive herself around,scarey I have another daughter getting hers in august.Here comes my gray Hair..

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:31 am

Denny wrote:Well my daughter just called she passed her driving test.See I bought a NICE 1984 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 for her last fall but I have been driving it since.You know to see if its dependable well now she wants the keys back.Guess I will have to fix my 84 Ford it is in getting a heart transplant,new brakes and some u-joints.So now my daughter can drive herself around,scarey I have another daughter getting hers in august.Here comes my gray Hair..

denny, i find that miss clairol works well to cover all the gray hair my 15 year old driver has given me :wink:

Never forget!

Return to “Ranch Talk”