Ranchers.net Bull Session

More branding pictures

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Rowdy Ranch

Postby Rowdy Ranch » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:45 am

Mrs Soapweed-thanks for the photos-you have a wonderful family and hired hand! What did you vaccinate calves with? By the way-that is similar to our tagging system and bookkeeping even tho our operation is not as large as yours. The system works great for us also agree with dog and cows-our wonderful blueheeler/shepard mix is a pet and knows that is it and stays her distance. Great cattle,horses and working facility. Thanks I best go fix something for lunch and be on my way to go around fence-maybe I will be done some day-Husband and son need to do some farming.

nr
Rancher
Rancher

Postby nr » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:55 pm

Soap- those were interesting shots from SoapweedLand and wonderful seeing the family working together and hearing how organized the process is. Thank you for taking the time to post them all.

But please tell Bob Moreland a picture of him isn't enough and if he is smart enough to make that rope work, he is smart enough to learn this new-fangled Ranchersnet site. I can safely say we all miss his comments :cry2: and hope he might consider knuckling under and writing again!

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:09 pm

Nice pic's, Soapweed. It's great to see your Dad still taking part, he looks to be in great shape. My grandfather roped his last calves at 90yrs old, I think. It's a special thing to see.
I'm the third generation on our ranch, and if things go right my son will at least have a chance to be the fourth. I couldn't imagine a greater feeling than to be able to pass it to him and his....
Anyway, keep posting the pic's, we enjoy them.

ropesanddogs

Postby ropesanddogs » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:22 pm

Lol, in the picture of your dad roping there appears to be a chute in the background,but youre still roping,lol,thats the way itd be if everyone done it my way ;) Because whether it has a headgate or not,alot of people down here,will run 10 or 15 calves in a chute,get behind them,and start from the back working ther way up.I dont like it because its easy to get kicked before you can get snubbed up close to the calves.And besides,it isnt near as fun :P
Member: Texas Dog Hunters Association,Working Rach Cowboys Association

Return to “Ranch Talk”