Ranchers.net Bull Session

branding day!

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:12 pm

I haven't heard much input from the calf wrestling division yet. Where are you all????

Jake

Postby Jake » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:53 pm

every year I swear I'm gunna get a pair of catcher's shin guards cuzz we always come out with quite a few bruises... at least they are little enough you don't have to worry about gettin kicked in the personals....

Shelly
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Shelly » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:24 pm

Have to watch those little buggers. Best friend got kicked in the heart quite a few years ago, just about dropped him. Crushed his smokes, too!

Liberty Belle
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Liberty Belle » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:48 pm

Soapweed,
Your story convinced me to tell our finger story. My husband cut all the fingers off of his right hand in a little incident with a table saw about thirty years ago. The doctor got all of them reattached, except for his ring finger, which was too mangled to save. But save it he did…. in a jar of formaldehyde. Doc sent the amputated finger home with hubby and it has since made six trips to school for “show and tell” with our kids and now the grand kids are starting to display it for their classmates. After all these years, it looks pretty groady, but is still a big hit with the kindergarten kids!

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:51 pm

When I was a little twirp, my mom had an uncle who was missing half of one finger on one hand. Not being too bright, I was mesmerized because he would hold both hands behind his back and then bring one forward. His hand would have half of one of the fingers missing. On the next trip out from behind his back, lo and behold, his hand would have all five full fingers. It took several times watching this slight of hand exhibition before I finally "fingered" it out. Duh. :???: :lol:

Return to “Ranch Talk”