Ranchers.net Bull Session

Things are looking up

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Things are looking up

Postby Soapweed » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:47 am

"Rain before seven, quit before eleven." It's been raining pretty hard here since about 3 a.m. this morning. When I last checked, there was two and a fourth inches in the rain guage, which includes the six tenths that registered this time yesterday. The drought has been broken, at least for the next two weeks. (We are never over two weeks away from a drought.) Our daughter called that she eloped, so things are looking up. :lol:

Turkey Track Bar
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Turkey Track Bar » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:52 am

Soapweed!!!!

Fabulous!!!! I was just checking out the radar and thinking (scarily enough!!!) that Soapweed, Mrs. Soapweed, Has Been and Saddletramp are gonna have a wet day!!!! I am very happy for you guys.

Can you please direct it due north and then tell it to move west when it gets around the ND/SD state line? :wink:

I hope you guys have a great day (take a bit of time and watch it rain too!!!), hell maybe even go out and dance in the stuff! :lol2:

Cheers to a grand day!

TTB

Rowdy Ranch

Postby Rowdy Ranch » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:06 am

So glad you are getting good moisture up your way-Soapweed-what a great start for the grass! DO you know if there is any grass available for rent this season for spring pairs. An outfit in SD is looking for some grass if it does not change quickly up there. Thanks

Les

Postby Les » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:23 am

Soapweed that rain before 7 quit before 11 is something my dad always said and i was wondering if you knew the rest of the saying all i can remember is rain after 11... i know if it rains after 11 it is suposed to rain the rest of the day,but cant remember the words. :D

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:38 am

My Grandfather always said "Droughts move north " so maybe we are getting Soapweeds drought this year as we can't buy a rain.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

BRG
Rancher
Rancher

Postby BRG » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:11 am

We got a half in of rain yesterday, and the map looks as if we may get some more. If feels good to get some moisture. We are sitting better this spring than we have for a long time.

Northern Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Northern Rancher » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:15 am

BMR don't send it too far north-were finally getting some moisture up our way-we don't have a very long growing season so a dry spring pretty much hoops us-but we get rain and those 20 hour dayus watch out lol.

Maple Leaf Angus
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Maple Leaf Angus » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:55 am

Northern Rancher - just curious, how far north are you?

baling wire

Postby baling wire » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:36 am

1.25 inches in guage now and still raining turning to snow. :lol: :lol: Two days ago 5.00+ and lots of hail 30 miles southeast of us.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:56 pm

Maple Leaf Angus wrote:Northern Rancher - just curious, how far north are you?

Maple leaf Northern ranch lives north of the provincial forest in Sask. Way to far north for me up by Meadow Lake.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Northern Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Northern Rancher » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:51 pm

I live in god's country where men are men and moose are nervous-actually there are more cows in the north half of Saskatchewan than the south were just too far from Regina for anyone to notice lol.

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:28 pm

Northern Rancher wrote:I live in god's country where men are men and moose are nervous-actually there are more cows in the north half of Saskatchewan than the south were just too far from Regina for anyone to notice lol.

I didn't know cows survived that far north, Northern Rancher. :wink:
Is your grass green yet?

Return to “Ranch Talk”