Ranchers.net Bull Session

Saddle Tramp

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Saddle Tramp

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:07 pm

If I heard it right in Ian Tysons song about Bob Fudge , Bob was putting a herd togegther for the Blockers. I will have to listen to it again but thought of you when i heard it.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Saddletramp

Postby Saddletramp » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:39 am

Yeap, You heard it right. Soapweed and Boss #2 went to see Iyn T. up in the Blackhills and they brought me back that tape for that reason.

John Blocker was reputed to have sent more cattle up the trail than any one else after the Civil War. Don't know if I am related or not. The little wife is really into genealogy and so far we can't find a connection. Although a Gordon Blocker from Texas claims we are.

There aren't very many Blockers in the U.S. What ever the reasons good or bad we don't run in very big herds.
A good wife, one good horse and a pickup that runs!

sw
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sw » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:53 am

You should read "Bob Fudge, Texas trail driver, Montana Wyoming cowboy". It is factual, short read, wish he had written more stuff down. I cannot believe what those guys did.
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. FREEDOM IS BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BY THE BRAVE SO THE FREE CAN BE FREE.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:25 am

Saddletramp wrote:Yeap, You heard it right. Soapweed and Boss #2 went to see Iyn T. up in the Blackhills and they brought me back that tape for that reason.

John Blocker was reputed to have sent more cattle up the trail than any one else after the Civil War. Don't know if I am related or not. The little wife is really into genealogy and so far we can't find a connection. Although a Gordon Blocker from Texas claims we are.

There aren't very many Blockers in the U.S. What ever the reasons good or bad we don't run in very big herds.

You aren't related to Hoss are you. Acouple that size would make a fair sized herd anywhere.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Return to “Ranch Talk”