Ranchers.net Bull Session

house fire

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Manitoba_Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

house fire

Postby Manitoba_Rancher » Wed May 04, 2005 1:23 pm

Last nite around mid nite we lost our house and all of our possessions we had inside. Luckily the fire dept saved the cattle sheds and corrals. We were not home at the time and luckily our new puppy was safe with us in the truck. looking through the rubble this morning brings back a few memories as we find a few burned photos of past birthdays and things that have happened here on the farm. Really hard to start rebuilding because there are alot of things money can;t begin to buy that have sentimental (sp?) values. Its been tough dealing with BSE but dealing with this is a lot tougher. Word of thought for anyone using a space saver ceramic heater " Fire Marshall said this is what caused the fire. They are to be used once in a while not for hours as they heat up severly and go on fire. he said the best place for them is to throw them into the bush and forget about them. Luckily nobody got hurt! I thank the lord for that :wink:
Canadian Beef.... A supreme delicious product!

Andy

Postby Andy » Wed May 04, 2005 1:41 pm

I Am sorry to hear that, but glad that no one got hurt. I wish you the best of luck rebuilding.

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Wed May 04, 2005 2:13 pm

I'm very sorry to hear the news. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. Good luck with the rebuilding process.

SASH

Re: house fire

Postby SASH » Wed May 04, 2005 2:14 pm

Manitoba_Rancher wrote:Last nite around mid nite we lost our house and all of our possessions we had inside. Luckily the fire dept saved the cattle sheds and corrals. We were not home at the time and luckily our new puppy was safe with us in the truck. looking through the rubble this morning brings back a few memories as we find a few burned photos of past birthdays and things that have happened here on the farm. Really hard to start rebuilding because there are alot of things money can;t begin to buy that have sentimental (sp?) values. Its been tough dealing with BSE but dealing with this is a lot tougher. Word of thought for anyone using a space saver ceramic heater " Fire Marshall said this is what caused the fire. They are to be used once in a while not for hours as they heat up severly and go on fire. he said the best place for them is to throw them into the bush and forget about them. Luckily nobody got hurt! I thank the lord for that :wink:

I don't suppose you bought that heater at Wal-Mart? My brother had one tip over last week and catch fire to the carpet. He and his wife were dozing in the livingroom and suddenly they could hear their three year old yelling 'Fire'. I thought those things were supposed to turn off when they fell over. Apparently this one didn't. Fortunately no one was hurt.
"Red meat is NOT bad for you. Now, blue-green meat - THAT'S bad for you!"

mhoude

Postby mhoude » Wed May 04, 2005 3:52 pm

How are you doing? DO you need anything? - monique

sw
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sw » Wed May 04, 2005 4:23 pm

M-R, so sorry to hear that, can't imagine the loss as that has always been a fear with the number of fires we have out here. As Monique asked, do you need anything that we could help you with?
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. FREEDOM IS BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BY THE BRAVE SO THE FREE CAN BE FREE.

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Wed May 04, 2005 5:13 pm

So Sorry to hear about your house...What can we do to help you out? Maybe us on ranchers net can contribute.....

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Wed May 04, 2005 5:30 pm

Sorry to hear the bad news about your house fire, Manitoba_Rancher. Like you say, there are just so many sentimental items that are lost that can never be replaced. Glad no one got hurt.

My dad's parents had a house burn down when my dad was about five years old. He had nightmares dealing with house fires for years after that.

Jinglebob
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Jinglebob » Wed May 04, 2005 6:31 pm

Sorry to hear about the fire. Let us know if there is anyway we can help. Hope you had good insurance.
Toda via estoy aqui. I am still here.
website www.dennisranch.com

montana cowgurl

Postby montana cowgurl » Wed May 04, 2005 6:36 pm

sooooo sorry to hear this, Manitoba Rancher-can we help???? we will be willing to go about any measures to help you out!!! :cry:

Saddletramp

Postby Saddletramp » Wed May 04, 2005 7:17 pm

Feel bad about your loss M-R. My wife lost her trailer house to a fire just before we were married. Lost everything. It's real hard to start over but praise the Lord you are all al-right. Let us know what we can do.
A good wife, one good horse and a pickup that runs!

Oldtimer

Postby Oldtimer » Wed May 04, 2005 8:23 pm

Manitoba Rancher-- All I can tell you is I really feel for you- many times the "memories" you lose is much worse than any monetarial value.....

Return to “Ranch Talk”