Ranchers.net Bull Session

house fire

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
jigs
Rancher
Rancher

Postby jigs » Fri May 06, 2005 7:07 am

M-R

I went through the exact same situation 3 years ago, and the only advice I have is do NOT turn down help. the emotional stress and worry will wear you down, any help offered needs to be jumped on because you will get to a breaking point and just sit and wonder what to do next.

It is a long road back, but it is survivable, good luck.

SASH

Postby SASH » Fri May 06, 2005 7:38 am

Manitoba_Rancher wrote:Everyone on here so kind I cant begin to express my self. I just wish we had a whole bunch of neighbors like you all. Everytime I drive by the firesite when I am feeding over at the feedlot it makes my stomach turn and brings tears to my eyes to see what is left of all we had. Not sure if i could ever live on that spot again after all that has happened. I keep thinking every morning when I wake up in the morning that it is only a bad dream but seeing what is left makes it really tough to handle. Thank you everyone for your kind words. If someone could tell me how I could post a picture on here I could post a few pictures to let everyone see the mess we are going to have to dig through to clean it up. Thanks again!! God bless!

Here's a link to a previous post on how to post pictures. Again, if there's anything I can do to help, I'm just down the road.

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21
"Red meat is NOT bad for you. Now, blue-green meat - THAT'S bad for you!"

Turkey Track Bar
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Turkey Track Bar » Fri May 06, 2005 9:21 am

Manitoba Rancher---

Please know you're in our thoughts and prayers---and also let us know if you need anything.

Fire is a scary thing-I've never had a home burn, but had a lambing barn burn (no lives lost, animal or human, thankfully) and that was horrible.

Take care of yourself and your family, and know we're thinking of you and yours.

TTB

Clarence

Postby Clarence » Fri May 06, 2005 9:47 am

Sorry about your fire Manitoba Rancher. About the only thing I can offer is that you take Jigs advice and accept help. To often we think we are strong and can handle our trageies by ourselves. There are to many worries and to many decesions you will need to face, just to know there is someone there for comfort and encouragement is worth a great deal.

nr
Rancher
Rancher

Postby nr » Fri May 06, 2005 7:03 pm

Manitoba Rancher,
Having never been in your predicament all I can do is imagine. It must be heart wrenching to see all the effort of years demolished. A lesson for all of us there. I've emailed you but perhaps you could post an address for all of us to send something to cheer you on and up? We'd really like to extend some help.

(Adding to the list of fire causes, a fire chief told me toaster ovens often don't stop heating and he'd seen melted and charred countertops as a result. He recommended unplugging them when not in use.)

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Fri May 06, 2005 7:50 pm

Manitoba rancher---hope you got my PM....i meant whole-heartedly what i said...anything (and i do mean ANYTHING) at all that we can do to help you and yours through this very difficult time...got family that are contractors and construction workers, too....let all of here on ranchers know!!!
Love wins....ennis, montana....June 14, 2003!!!
Never forget!

Manitoba_Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Manitoba_Rancher » Fri May 06, 2005 9:51 pm

The emails and kindness from you all are helping us keep our chins up. We re having quite a problem right now as our feed mill runs solely on electricity and when we had the fire it burned down the power line. So needless to say we have no power at the feedlot so our cattle are not getting any grain. :( Should have power up and running by monday "hopefully". For anyone wanting our address it is:

Coulson Stock Farms
Box 181
Oak River Manitoba Canada
R0K 1T0
204-724-6942
Canadian Beef.... A supreme delicious product!

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Sat May 07, 2005 11:33 am

M_R, I am less than 9 hours from you. I'm ready for a road trip. If you have a work day, I would come up and give you a hand. Any one else who is on the way we could meet and all come together. Rancher's net posse on the way..... :D

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Sat May 07, 2005 11:41 am

katrina wrote:M_R, I am less than 9 hours from you. I'm ready for a road trip. If you have a work day, I would come up and give you a hand. Any one else who is on the way we could meet and all come together. Rancher's net posse on the way..... :D

let me know when and where...I'm there!!!!!
Love wins....ennis, montana....June 14, 2003!!!

Never forget!

frenchie

Postby frenchie » Sat May 07, 2005 6:28 pm

M.R.. been gone a few days...Sorry for your loss.

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Sat May 07, 2005 6:46 pm

MR,I been busy just read your post,bad news ,but I have no doubt you are tough enough to over come this.You still have all your family and friends................good luck

Jinglebob
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Jinglebob » Sat May 07, 2005 7:56 pm

Let me know about a work day, I'll go if I can get away! 'Course i don't know what kind of work you could get out of me, bein' an old fat grampa and all! :lol:
Toda via estoy aqui. I am still here.
website www.dennisranch.com

Return to “Ranch Talk”