Ranchers.net Bull Session

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:50 pm

Well said, NR and a good reminder.

Once you have heavy birthweight in your herd it seems like it is there forever.

Mike
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Mike » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:56 pm

Faster Horses, if you want one/ten of those LT Bando 9074 sons the sale is April 16, 4 miles north the big city of Isabel, SD. I hope to be there.

Well said NR.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Shelly
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Shelly » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:16 pm

NR, are you coming down to A.I. Wally Sloboshian's cows again this year? He had a whole bunch for sale this winter, never heard if he sold any or not.

Northern Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Northern Rancher » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:10 pm

Yeah he was trying to move about 200 older cows-those are sure a sweet set of heifers to A.I.-this year should be a bunch of CA Future Direction daughters. You never know with Wally but I imagine I'll be back down there-just got two herds confirmed in the Outlook area so maybe the kids will eat this spring lol.

Shelly
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Shelly » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:47 am

Maybe we'll run into each other at the coffee shop. It'd be nice to meet someone from ranchersnet. And you can give Tori, the yappy blonde waitress, a bad time. She loves that. When we go there, it's like dinner AND a show for the price of a meal!

Northern Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Northern Rancher » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:56 am

Yeah isn't she a pistol-she has quite a time with my line of work lol.

Shelly
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Shelly » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:04 am

Yep, she can sure come up with some good one-liners! She loves to razz my husband but always defends me when he has some smartass comment about me. The place sure wouldn't be the same without her. She told me the other day, her and her husband are trying to sell their place out here and move to Saskatoon, but she's still going to keep her job at the cafe because she likes the people around here and she'd miss them.

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:58 pm

Nebraska is the best calving ease and growth comboination bull I have found. We breed a 150 hfrs every year ccalve in Jan. 15 and they bounce off the ground. When you wean they will probaly be the heaviest. I have used him on hfrs. and cows to get get a fair representation of what Nebraska can do. I have used 9074 and 004 (not again on hfrs.). on the Nebraska hfrs I use Lead On and we are really impressed with the first months growth. I would also consider Danny Boy I did not use him on any hfrs this time but for sure will in April.

Return to “Ranch Talk”