Ranchers.net Bull Session

Rain out

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Oldtimer

Postby Oldtimer » Sat May 21, 2005 8:47 pm

I went ahead and moved some cows today since the wind was to my back... What a wind :roll: Weather boys say it was gusting to 63 at times-- I know it was over 40 most of the time.......

We definitely need some of the rain that FH and rancher are getting-- when I was moving cows, I looked north and it looked like thunder clouds from all the dirt moving on some of the grainfields.....

Hanta Yo
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Hanta Yo » Sat May 21, 2005 9:54 pm

HAY MAKER wrote:Yeah,gettin mighty dry roun here too.April went down as the driest on record thats not good to be that dry in a growing season month,set every thing back about 30 days.And May aint been much better,nothing like a good rain to lift a mans spirits..................well maybe tomorrow ... good luck

Haymaker,

I hope you get some moisture soon. It has really hurt us up here with no rain in the past 7-9 years. We are getting moisture now, would love to send some down there...We don't see eye-to-eye politically but we are all in the same boat. Think about that one.
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'
-Ronald Reagan

Jinglebob
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Jinglebob » Wed May 25, 2005 6:34 am

Had another branding rain out today! :lol:

It was down on the Belle River and you don't want to get into there when it rains much. I love it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Toda via estoy aqui. I am still here.
website www.dennisranch.com

Return to “Ranch Talk”