Ranchers.net Bull Session

Cure For Deer Problems for Haymaker

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
cedardell

Cure For Deer Problems for Haymaker

Postby cedardell » Thu May 19, 2005 4:49 pm

I thought you cowboys knew how to handle deer. Here we set a post in the middle of the field. Then we go rope a deer and dally tie him to the post. He raises such a ruckus that all the others flee and never come back.

Mike
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Mike » Thu May 19, 2005 6:01 pm

Biggest problem we have with deer is when we de-worm and vaccinate each spring. We don't tag 'em so it's hard to tell which ones are ours and which are the neighbors. Some get worked three or four times a year. :wink:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Cure For Deer Problems for Haymaker

Postby HAY MAKER » Thu May 19, 2005 8:23 pm

cedardell wrote:I thought you cowboys knew how to handle deer. Here we set a post in the middle of the field. Then we go rope a deer and dally tie him to the post. He raises such a ruckus that all the others flee and never come back.

Cedardell you do that around here,the game warden will haul you in,judge sentence you to three years in the electric chair...........good luck

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Cure For Deer Problems for Haymaker

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Thu May 19, 2005 8:37 pm

HAY MAKER wrote:
cedardell wrote:I thought you cowboys knew how to handle deer. Here we set a post in the middle of the field. Then we go rope a deer and dally tie him to the post. He raises such a ruckus that all the others flee and never come back.

Cedardell you do that around here,the game warden will haul you in,judge sentence you to three years in the electric chair...........good luck

Go ahead I dare you to try it Haymaker. :wink:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Return to “Ranch Talk”