Ranchers.net Bull Session

Bad Wtreck Update

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Northern Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Bad Wtreck Update

Postby Northern Rancher » Sat May 21, 2005 10:35 am

Well my neighbor isn't doing too good-they can't seem to get him breathing off a respirator and has some infection inside. Wife says no use going to see him as he can't really recognize you. That @##$%^^% bull gets his lead pill on Tuesday.

Maple Leaf Angus
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Maple Leaf Angus » Sat May 21, 2005 11:11 am

Very sad report, N. R . Goes to show ya how fast things can change in life. One minute your good to go and the next . . .

Somebody said one time long ago, ". . . there is but a step between me and death."

Shelly
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Shelly » Sat May 21, 2005 11:45 am

What??? They haven't shot that damn bull yet??? He would've been long dead by now if it'd been one of ours.

Hope everything comes all right for your neighbour.

Manitoba_Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Manitoba_Rancher » Sat May 21, 2005 12:22 pm

Real sorry to hear that about your neighbor. I myself raise Brahma x roughstock bulls on the side of raising beef cattle and I know what a bull can and will do when he gets reved up. We ve crossed a few up with mexican so they they have the attitude to fight. Up until 2 years ago I was away almost every weekend protecting bull riders from bulls so I know how to handle myself around them, but Im still cautious. I ve been knocked down, threw around and horned by a few but never had a serious injury. As my grandpa always says you never trust any bull. He always gets upset when he sees me taking my chances handling the big buggers! :roll: If i owned that bull that did this to your neighbor I would have shot him on the spot, no mercy!
Canadian Beef.... A supreme delicious product!

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sat May 21, 2005 12:52 pm

Devastating, simply devastating. Hard to understand why these things happen...

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Sat May 21, 2005 4:46 pm

I would rate bulls one of the most dangerous things on the ranch ,if not the most dangerous,and these so called gentle bulls are the worst.I had a run in with one and learned a hard lesson about gentle bulls...........good luck

Jinglebob
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Jinglebob » Sat May 21, 2005 7:43 pm

Sorry to hear about your friend. Keep prayin', you can just never tell!
Toda via estoy aqui. I am still here.
website www.dennisranch.com

Northern Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Northern Rancher » Sat May 21, 2005 8:22 pm

yeah Manitoba were in the same deal a bit-one thing about our buckers you tend to respect them and treat them that way. Like I said before those old exotic bulls can be bad dudes. Was tagging calves this A'M and had a bit of a go round with a second calver-my girls didn't know how quick their Dad is till today. My neighbor was kinda crippled up before all this so it's gonna be a long haul for him.

Oldtimer

Postby Oldtimer » Sat May 21, 2005 8:41 pm

Tough deal Northern Rancher-never know when the one with your name on it will get you...

I had an experience much like yours today- just after getting some cows moved to a new pasture one old gal decided to calve--slipped back by to tag it and walked down into the deep draw she was in -- not worried since it was an old milk cows calf- forgot all about the old dog that was just trailing along behind me---She was fine until she saw that dog-- then she never really took me, but stuck her nose close enough into my business that we met head to head---Luckily, like my wife says, you can't hurt me hitting me there.....

Northern Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Northern Rancher » Sat May 21, 2005 9:06 pm

Lucky I left the Hemi door open and that even a fat horse has one race in him.

Hanta Yo
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Hanta Yo » Sat May 21, 2005 9:58 pm

Northern Rancher,

All I can say is our hearts are with your neighbor, and hindsight is 20/20. Let this be a lesson for those of us on Ranchers.Net.

Hanta Yo
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'
-Ronald Reagan

nr
Rancher
Rancher

Postby nr » Sun May 22, 2005 3:28 pm

It is a very sad situation your friend is in and my heart goes out to him and his wife.
However, about him not being able to recognize folks: he actually may be able to at some level. There is an awareness often, even if a person cannot speak. So a visit from you might give him a boost even though you might think he hasn't known you. And they say touching the persons shoulders is often comforting to them though they may not have sensation in the lower arms. I guess they've learned this when a person finally comes out of a coma. Maybe Ranchwife has some more recent learnings.

Return to “Ranch Talk”