Ranchers.net Bull Session

Bad Wtreck Update

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Northern Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Northern Rancher » Sun May 22, 2005 10:59 pm

His wife says when he does come around all he does is swear and ask for his hat and boots-he's real heavily medicated. He had a real bad chuckwagon wreck about 20 years ago and was kind of held together with pins and things already. The guy is incredibly tough thats for sure.

Maple Leaf Angus
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Maple Leaf Angus » Mon May 23, 2005 7:12 am

Northern Rancher wrote:His wife says when he does come around all he does is swear and ask for his hat and boots-he's real heavily medicated. He had a real bad chuckwagon wreck about 20 years ago and was kind of held together with pins and things already. The guy is incredibly tough thats for sure.

Friend of mine fell backwards on the ice and hit his head hard a couple of years ago. Had a bad concussion and when he started regaining conciousness he had the worst disposition you could imagine. He turned from a nice, friendly gentleman into a cursing fiend. The things he would say shocked everybody. His poor wife was appalled.

But slowly, over a period of several weeks, he became his normal old self and made a complete recovery. So you never know . . .

Northern Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Northern Rancher » Mon May 23, 2005 9:43 am

Ohh it's the meds making him like that-he was the same way after his wagon wreck.

DOC HARRIS

Postby DOC HARRIS » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:24 pm

Oldtimer wrote:Tough deal Northern Rancher-never know when the one with your name on it will get you...

I had an experience much like yours today- just after getting some cows moved to a new pasture one old gal decided to calve--slipped back by to tag it and walked down into the deep draw she was in -- not worried since it was an old milk cows calf- forgot all about the old dog that was just trailing along behind me---She was fine until she saw that dog-- then she never really took me, but stuck her nose close enough into my business that we met head to head---Luckily, like my wife says, you can't hurt me hitting me there.....
Hm-m-m-m.- - -some of these cows are smarter than you might think.

Return to “Ranch Talk”