Ranchers.net Bull Session

Green Grass+Closed Border=Record Pair Prices

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Oldtimer

Green Grass+Closed Border=Record Pair Prices

Postby Oldtimer » Tue May 31, 2005 8:04 pm

Pairs from our country sold last week in Billings for near $1700 - Older solid mouths were $1450-1485-- short termer pairs $1250...Lots of optimism in the heart of R-CALF country......

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Green Grass+Closed Border=Record Pair Prices

Postby Silver » Tue May 31, 2005 11:24 pm

Oldtimer wrote:Pairs from our country sold last week in Billings for near $1700 - Older solid mouths were $1450-1485-- short termer pairs $1250...Lots of optimism in the heart of R-CALF country......

Why don't you take your silly little political agenda to the appropriate room...... Please.......... Thankyou........ ........ ........ ........ .......

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:32 am

I'm betting the green grass, extra rain, and full stock dams have a lot more to do with it than does the closed border. Also the fact that the ratio now is one cow per nine United States citizens verses one cow per four U.S. citizens not too many years ago. (This was in a speech given by an agricultural economist last week at the Sandhills Cattle Association convention, but I missed the time frame.)

canadian angus

Postby canadian angus » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:43 pm

The good ones are selling up here well to, last week a dispersal, red angus/simm cows were bringing 1350, char X were in the 850. Sorry R Calf good cattle are good cattle. CA :roll:
Love my Canadian Cattle, mine are vegitarians.

Return to “Ranch Talk”