Ranchers.net Bull Session

More rain

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

More rain

Postby Faster horses » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:53 am

Rain moved in here last night about 10:30 and we had over a half an inch when we got up this morning and it is still raining.

Last year we couldn't buy a half inch of rain.

Horseshoer is coming from Wibaux to shoe some horses for us and he said they had almost an inch. He also said that when it warms up the mosquitos will be big enough to rope!!!!!

Sure is soggy out there. JUST THE WAY WE LIKE IT!

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:05 am

good morning, fh!! here in ennis, it has rained off and on for two weeks...the latest started saturday night and last alllllll dayyyyyy looooong on sunday!!! stopped raining just as i was getting off work about 7:30 and then started up about midnight and just let up not too long ago!!! sun is shining now and the snow in the mountains just gleams! :D things are greener here than most folks can recall since the 60's!! cows are loving the fresh, green grass that tickles their underbellies! i still have not been able to finish my garden, though....but, beleive me..i am NOT complaining....just thinking about how nice it will be to go camping in the hills this summer with the kids and NOT have to worry about fire restrictions! :D YAAAYYYYY :D :D
Love wins....ennis, montana....June 14, 2003!!!
Never forget!

Sagebrush

Postby Sagebrush » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:46 pm

Been raining here all night..nice slow soaker:) 2.40 inches as of noon today

Manitoba_Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Manitoba_Rancher » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:48 pm

Raining again here too. Had to set up a portable corral beside the road so we could get cows to pasture. We ve had around 17 inches in the last week and a half. Everything is under water. But the grass is sure tall!! :-)
Canadian Beef.... A supreme delicious product!

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:47 pm

SEVENTEEN INCHES OF RAIN IN 10 DAYS? And we thought we were wet!! I don't think I have ever been ANYWHERE that has had 17 inches of rain in 10 days. That could be enough rain...

Jeannie

Postby Jeannie » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:52 pm

FH, I would have to agree with you! 17" in 10 days? Wow! :shock:

Oldtimer

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:52 pm

Manitoba_Rancher wrote:Raining again here too. Had to set up a portable corral beside the road so we could get cows to pasture. We ve had around 17 inches in the last week and a half. Everything is under water. But the grass is sure tall!! :-)

All I can imagine is the size of those mosquitos that are growing in your swamps-- May need twin .50 calibers to bring those down :lol:

Here I was mumbling about a few drown out areas in some of the bad draining lower areas of the irrigated fields--We only got about 3 inches in 10 days- and wouldn't have had the problem except we had irrigated all the hayfields the week before...And our turkey size skeeters are starting to hatch- supposed to be around 80 on Wed, so that should really bring them out...

You must be going to end up with some terrible crop and hay damages... :cry: :(

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:57 pm

OT, they are calling for 89 degrees here on Wednesday. Everyone is hoping we don't get the great white combine along with those warmer temps. So far the weather bureau hasn't said much about precip at that time. We will keep our fingers crossed.

Mike
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:06 pm

Faster horses wrote:OT, they are calling for 89 degrees here on Wednesday. Everyone is hoping we don't get the great white combine along with those warmer temps. So far the weather bureau hasn't said much about precip at that time. We will keep our fingers crossed.

Great white combine? help There's a bunch of white combines in my pasture now. Harvesting away.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Shelly
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Shelly » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:07 pm

Hail.

Maple Leaf Angus
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Maple Leaf Angus » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:08 pm

Lemme guess - hail?

Maple Leaf Angus
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Maple Leaf Angus » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:09 pm

Ya beat me Shelly.

I see you're still the fastest draw in the west. :shock: :-)

Return to “Ranch Talk”