Ranchers.net Bull Session

More rain

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Oldtimer

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:12 pm

Faster horses wrote:OT, they are calling for 89 degrees here on Wednesday. Everyone is hoping we don't get the great white combine along with those warmer temps. So far the weather bureau hasn't said much about precip at that time. We will keep our fingers crossed.

After you said that I had to look- They've raised our forecast up to 87 for Wed....Will be like being in a sauna, with things as moist as they are...And calling for a chance of thunderstorms

Looks like Big Muddy could be getting some showers and thunderstorms now--these moved thru the north place this afternoon and we got 1/2 an inch......

Shelly
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Shelly » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:15 pm

Maple Leaf Angus wrote:Ya beat me Shelly.

I see you're still the fastest draw in the west. :shock: :-)

Only somedays MLA. :?

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:09 pm

Oldtimer wrote:
Faster horses wrote:OT, they are calling for 89 degrees here on Wednesday. Everyone is hoping we don't get the great white combine along with those warmer temps. So far the weather bureau hasn't said much about precip at that time. We will keep our fingers crossed.

After you said that I had to look- They've raised our forecast up to 87 for Wed....Will be like being in a sauna, with things as moist as they are...And calling for a chance of thunderstorms

Looks like Big Muddy could be getting some showers and thunderstorms now--these moved thru the north place this afternoon and we got 1/2 an inch......

It only looks like we should and it is raining west of us but nothing here yet. Got the mares vaccinated for West Nile today and turned the stud out with 5 mares . We plan to not breed and cull 4 older ones .

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Manitoba_Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Manitoba_Rancher » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:04 pm

The ground here is completely saturated. Water level is so high the water is pushing out over the tops of our wells. :shock: I will take some pictures of some of the fields where they were spraying a field of wheat with a high clearence sprayer today. They had a 4 wheel drive tractor waiting at the gate to pull them out every time they got stuck. Ruts all over the field, looks like hell! And it has been raining like crazy since supper time!! Calling for another inch or two by tomorrow afternoon!

The sceeters here are the size of F-16 Tomcats!!!! :shock: :shock: :wink:
Canadian Beef.... A supreme delicious product!

Jason
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Jason » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:06 am

Manitoba_Rancher wrote:The ground here is completely saturated. Water level is so high the water is pushing out over the tops of our wells. :shock: I will take some pictures of some of the fields where they were spraying a field of wheat with a high clearence sprayer today. They had a 4 wheel drive tractor waiting at the gate to pull them out every time they got stuck. Ruts all over the field, looks like hell! And it has been raining like crazy since supper time!! Calling for another inch or two by tomorrow afternoon!

The sceeters here are the size of F-16 Tomcats!!!! :shock: :shock: :wink:

That's just stupid to try to spray a field that wet.

We have had 14 inches in 10 days, fields are sitting and might not get sprayed. My first seeded is pretty clean so I am not worried about it.

Biggest challenge might be that some of the fields need a top dressing of N to produce the maximum yield with this windfall moisture.

Funny the flood of the century was 10 years ago and this one was as bad in some areas worse in others. But overall the moisture does more good than harm.

Return to “Ranch Talk”