Ranchers.net Bull Session

Herefords

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:26 pm

Any of you Hereford raisers needing more cows?- there is going to be a dispersion sale of over 220 head of bred hereford cows and 80 bred heifers on Thursday- March 3- GSI (Glasgow Stockyards)......This is a commercial herd of 1 iron cows from an over 70 year old ranch- never seen the cows, but have seen the calves in the fall and they look good.....Cows are advertised as bred to Cooper and Holden bulls......

Oldtimer

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:29 pm

That was me that posted- for some reason it didn't log in........

Any of you Hereford raisers needing more cows?- there is going to be a dispersion sale of over 220 head of bred hereford cows and 80 bred heifers on Thursday- March 3- GSI (Glasgow Stockyards)......This is a commercial herd of 1 iron cows from an over 70 year old ranch- never seen the cows, but have seen the calves in the fall and they look good.....Cows are advertised as bred to Cooper and Holden bulls......

rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby rancher » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:25 pm

Doc Ismay is the best horse vet in the country.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:18 pm

We like Doc Ismay too. Our old horse broke his jaw a few years back. JJ Hovde was practicing here and he diagnosed it and called Dr. Ismay. On JJ's advice we ran the horse right down to him, arriving about dark. Their son was getting married the next day. Dr. Ismay said our horse was going into shock so he and his wife stayed up with that horse all night long. They had never even met us before!! Consequently, with a lot of TLC and much worry, the horse healed up. Took all winter but he lived another 6 years and was always in good shape.

JJ Hovde, who now owns the vet clinic at Sidney is a whale of a horse and cow vet. We sure thought a lot of him while he was here. We've been around a lot of good horse vets; he is one of the good ones. We sure hated to see him go.

Broke Cowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Broke Cowboy » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:49 pm

Jinglebob - if you see this, check your PM

Broke Cowboy
Tell The Bank To Get Stuffed

Jinglebob
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Jinglebob » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:18 pm

BC;
Checked it. Now check yours!

Broke Cowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Broke Cowboy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:04 am

JB

Nothing in PM

BC
Tell The Bank To Get Stuffed

Jinglebob
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Jinglebob » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:17 am

BC;
Sorry, I sent you a reply, but it must not have got thru. Liked the stories and think you better write and remember some more. Get in touch with me thru' my email if you want to visit.

Juan

Postby Juan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:32 pm

R-CALF Member.....I know of the Meyers but am not acquainted with any of them.Try Liberty Belle.
Juan

the real jake

Postby the real jake » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:50 pm

"Juan, do you know the Meyers that sell bulls around Buffalo SD????"

What do you need to know about them? Honest as the day is long, and great people.

Liberty Belle
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Liberty Belle » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:19 pm

I'll echo the real jake. We have had good luck with Meyers' bulls. Just bought three more of them at their bull sale a couple weeks ago.

from Kate/wy

Jinglebob/small cows

Postby from Kate/wy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:06 pm

I'm new to this site, so I'll intoduce myself as someone who agrees with your small cow that weans half her wt, every year, as the one I pursue. And your business about the F1hybred x longhorn makes me laugh, as I have some in the herd still. Just enjoyed your approach to making it long term.

Return to “Ranch Talk”