Ranchers.net Bull Session

A few more Alaska pictures

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

A few more Alaska pictures

Postby Soapweed » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:46 am

Hope these don't take too long for all of you to download, as I used a larger size. We flew to Anchorage, rented a car, drove to Talkeetna and flew out of there for the fishing trip. The next day we drove up to Healy. Carol and Brock took kayaking lessons on a lake one day, and rode a white water river the next. I didn't, and just toured Denali Park and read some good Alaska bush pilot books. Then we drove up to Fairbanks and turned in the rented car there. We rode the train from Fairbanks back to Anchorage, and the next day flew home from Anchorage, via Portland. Our own vehicle was waiting back at the Denver airport.

Carol and Brock taking kayaking lessons
Miniature golf
Cool wheels
Our little red rented car
Another form of Alaska transportation
Conductor on the Alaskan Railroad
Scenery our the train window
Looking out the dining car window
Conductor and Brock
Train stop at Talkeetna
Long ways down looking out over a bridge

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:04 am

Here are a couple pictures of Mount McKinley that inadvertently didn't get put on with the rest. It was a beautiful clear day when we rode the train, and the mountains were sharp and clear. Alaska's mountains are big and beautiful, but not always visible because of fog and low clouds.

BRG
Rancher
Rancher

Postby BRG » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:16 am

Great pix. I was there a year ago to visit my brother. Some of the prettiest views you will see. Did you go and watch the salmon climb the falls? I found that to be the most interesting. Glad to see you went and had a good time.

nr
Rancher
Rancher

Postby nr » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:20 am

Just beautiful! The train trip through the Rockies is something we hope to do. No driving worries, just wonderful scenery to watch. Looks like you packed many different activities in short order.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:28 am

Golly, Macon, it looks like you knew what you were doing when you went to this new format. Gosh, all those neat photos that have been shared with us would not have been possible on the old site. So thank you for looking out for us, though we grumbled at first. (Change is hard, ya know!)

To Soapweed and everyone else that has posted pictures on here, I want to give you my sincere thanks!! It is so neat to see the different subjects and parts of the country!!

greg
Rancher
Rancher

Postby greg » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:15 am

Beautiful pics,plan on going there someday! Spent my holidays TRYING to hay :x

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:34 am

What a memorial vacation you had, soapweed!! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us :D :D
Love wins....ennis, montana....June 14, 2003!!!
Never forget!

Return to “Ranch Talk”