Ranchers.net Bull Session

HAY MAKER'S PLACE

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:24 pm

the_jersey_lilly_2000 wrote:Them banty roosters keep ya warm at night? ........

Sure hope wrangler aint readin over my shoulder...he'd bite me for typin a question like that....!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure those banty roosters will keep you warm,get one of em around your feet and the other fluffed up around your ears,sleep like a baby.And ole wrangler and me will be just fine .............good luck PS I hope you like to get up early cuz the lil devils start crowing before day lite :D

Mike
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:57 pm

You left out a picture of the old John Deere!

How do you keep your work clothes so clean Haymaker?

Thanks for the pics.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Jinglebob
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Jinglebob » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:28 pm

Thanks Haymaymaker, I'll bring my chicken sorting and ketchin' horse! :lol:
Toda via estoy aqui. I am still here.
website www.dennisranch.com

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:28 pm

Mike wrote:You left out a picture of the old John Deere!

How do you keep your work clothes so clean Haymaker?

Thanks for the pics.

I dont, I figger to take some french lessons tonite so I got spruced up,how many house guests you got?...................good luck PS be me I would send one of them to the package store :wink:
Last edited by HAY MAKER on Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

feeder

Postby feeder » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:36 pm

Nice pics. Your house looks to have lots of character, probably just like you!!!

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:52 pm

feeder wrote:Nice pics. Your house looks to have lots of character, probably just like you!!!

Thank you for the compliments feeder,I see you are in Iowa,has your weather been crazy up there too,me and old Timer was talking weather and I believe he agrees with me, get this year over and see what happens next year,can't be no worse than this,been drier than a covered bridge around here :wink: ...........good luck

feeder

Postby feeder » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:25 pm

For us, it has been hot and dry. Four miles either way of us have had good rains and the crops look good there. I was just in the corn field and there is one ear per stalk. Last year there were 2 good size ears per stalk. But we can't complain, we do have a crop. I don't feel we will have to worry about getting the corn dried down enough, it is very advanced and denting hard. Beans are changing fast also. Now the fun begins; harvesting the fruits of our labor.

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:41 pm

ya know, haymaker, when the hubby and i drive around to looky-loo at houses that we dream of someday owning, i have a habit of pointing out ones that looking amazingly like yours!!! Cozy, just enough room for the kiddos, nothing overly fancy......homey!!! :D
Love wins....ennis, montana....June 14, 2003!!!
Never forget!

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:53 pm

ranchwife wrote:ya know, haymaker, when the hubby and i drive around to looky-loo at houses that we dream of someday owning, i have a habit of pointing out ones that looking amazingly like yours!!! Cozy, just enough room for the kiddos, nothing overly fancy......homey!!! :D

yup thats what I did built what I needed,its about 2100 sq feet,thats big enough for me.Around here you sure dont want to get to big this whole area is full of doctors and attorneys that pass a bond issue every damn year if they could,taxes are mighty high and get higher every year,Im really thinking about selling this place...............good luck

the_jersey_lilly_2000
Rancher
Rancher

Postby the_jersey_lilly_2000 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:42 pm

Early riser?.......yeah I rise fairly early....I still got one kiddo that I hafta git off to school in the mornin's. but wrangler is a male..he can take a nap just about any time and any where....just git still n he's out.
But them lil banty roosters start crowin way before early.....they borderline on night owls....I had one, one time, and a few lil hens, but the chicken monster got em. Poof .....gone......nothin but a few feathers left.
Life is a roller coaster.
You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it!
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸
"Ever day's a good day, just some are better'n others"

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:45 pm

reader (the Second) wrote:Yep, Hill Country. Makes me nostalgic. Great house, very typical except the porch is a nice touch. Nice trees. I could tell you dressed up for the pic but your workroom is cleaner than my house :mad:

Yup had to spruce up for my picture,do you miss the TX Hill country reader?

Jessie

Postby Jessie » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:49 pm

Nice pictures Hay Maker. Your place looks real nice. All spiffed up and ready ta go out are ya? 8)
What would winter be like for you there? Here it is freeze your goodies off if you were not wearing a tonne of clothes.
My gal pal out in Texas couldn't take the winter here.

Return to “Ranch Talk”