Ranchers.net Bull Session

phone calls

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

phone calls

Postby jodywy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:04 pm

anybody getting phone calls about buying tool from a California warehouse that been condemn by OSHA because of wild fires ?
"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Re: phone calls

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:08 pm

Not yet but I'm sure they will come.

Is it $300 drill bits?

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby jodywy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:11 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:Not yet but I'm sure they will come.

Is it $300 drill bits?
that was about 3-4th on the list... self lubricating-sharpening drill bits never got to the price.
"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

loomixguy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby loomixguy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:36 am

These scams have been going on for generations... Grinding wheels, drill bits, you name it.

Back before Caller ID, I used to delight in torturing them like this......Answer the phone, it's "them", so listen to the first 30 seconds of the pitch. Interrupt them by saying that you're REALLY interested in whatever it is they're selling, but that you need to turn your welding machine off and you'll be back in just a few seconds.

Then you lay the receiver down and go do something for 30 minutes or so. After an application of the big wait a time or two, they didn't call so very often anymore.
Arguing with a Kansas State fan is like playing chess with a pigeon.

No matter how good you are, the pigeon is just going to s*** on the chessboard and strut around like it won anyway.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:32 pm

How about the one where they've been monitoring your credit cards and can save you big money with a lower interest rate?
They can't be monitoring our credit cards because we never carry a balance. It's a robot caller, but today I finally wised up,
pushed '1' and got a real person.....to which it told them these were scam calls because we don't carry a credit card balance and
to put us on their 'do-not-call list'. We'll see.

Then the one where you have won a cruise to the Bahamas and the one where they are selling vehicle warranties.........
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Return to “Ranch Talk”