Ranchers.net Bull Session

NFR

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

Re: NFR

Postby gcreekrch » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:00 pm

leanin' H wrote:
Silver wrote:
leanin' H wrote:Canadians cant ride buckin' horses! :D :D :D If ya want it done Wright, then it takes a Utahn. 8) :wink:

Billy won every 10th round in the history of the NFR didn't he? :D But I don't know about the first 4 rounds in a row.

Just watch, one lonely guy from North of the 56th parallel with no sponsors can out ride four or five wannabe's from Utah on the average any time! 5 more rides will prove me correct!
We all know no one from Utah ever made a real cowboy anyway! :lol:

Why you frozen eared Hoser!!! :twisted: Of course he is lonely, he's a Canadian. He is probably sponsored by a firewood company, a polar bear import/export corporation and a marijuana grower from Vancouver. And speaking of average, did ya happen to notice that along with winning 4 strait rounds, Mr. Wright is also winning the average with 345 points on 4 head. A Canuck couldn't score that high on 25 head. (Not to mention add that high) :lol:

Now just so everyone has full disclosure, I am only basing my harsh judgment of cowboy ability north of the 56th parallel on the Canadians I know. That would be yourself, Gcreek, BMR and few other goofballs with frostbitten extremities and a high threshold for misery. BMR had to have Tam buy him a pony and a cute little cart. He claimed it was for the grandkids but he aint foolin' anyone with that fairy tale. Gcreek went over to the 4 wheeler dark side years ago after a tragic accident with a stickhorse. And I know I wasn't supposed to let the cat outa the bag on you Silver but I have to defend all Utahns against your insane logic. The truth is Silver was a heck of a hand in the Bronc riding. On his last ride he was sittin' pretty, just scratching that old equine fore and aft like a postcard. But then that bronc kinda sunfished on him some and he found himself in a world of hurt. He somehow got a boot clear through the stirrup and was getting drug and plumb stomped. Thankfully the greeter at the Canadian Walmart heard the ruckus and ran over and unplugged the horsey ride. That was a close one for sure.... :D

Must we remind someone of a certain pack trip on a round baler deer hunt? Hmmmmm?
Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:06 pm

Canada night was pretty good to the saddle bronc riders with all three getting a check.A Canadian won the bareback but Jake Vold made a poor ride and tough for the Canadian team ropers that were first in the average but missed last night.
Tough bunch of broncs in both events last night, the boys are getting sore.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

leanin' H
Rancher
Rancher

Postby leanin' H » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:07 pm

I have been busier than a one legged woodpecker and have missed a lot of the finals. Headed to my parents tonight to watch. Did see that Cody Wright won the Saddle bronc go round last night. :D
A poor ride beats a great walk any day!
<Parry Taylor>

leanin' H
Rancher
Rancher

Postby leanin' H » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:18 am

Far be it from me to brag or goad any of you wonderful folks, BUT DID YA HAPPEN TO SEE THE RODEO TONIGHT? :D That 88.5 Saddle Bronc ride would of been turned in by who? Ryder Wright if I am not wrong (and I seldom am). 8) And what about 4 of the top 6 in the round, being from UTAH? :cowboy:

In all seriousness, it was tough to see the Canadians land a little early. But those boys from Milford, Utah, which is south of me 100 miles or so, can scratch some horsehide. Reminds me a lot of me, except those boys have much more talent and ability. Thankfully I was blessed with rugged good looks and a large amount of humility. :lol:

Round 10 outa be fun to watch.

That was one heck of a bull ride tonight! 94.5 points is nuts but so was that bull and the ride was as good as you'll see!

P.S.
I still love my Canadian friends and hope those guys finish well.

<Parry Taylor>

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:04 am

Well 'H, it will be an interesting final round in the saddle bronc for sure. The young fella leading leading in the average happens to be my dad's Significant Other's great nephew and calls home about 30 minutes from here so if he pulls it off tonight you might hear me hollerin' all the way down there!

leanin' H
Rancher
Rancher

Postby leanin' H » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:50 am

Silver wrote:Well 'H, it will be an interesting final round in the saddle bronc for sure. The young fella leading leading in the average happens to be my dad's Significant Other's great nephew and calls home about 30 minutes from here so if he pulls it off tonight you might hear me hollerin' all the way down there!

I will try an listen for ya tonight but it'll be pretty hard over all the racket I will be makin' after Ryder pulls off another go-round win! :D Best of luck to all of the contestants tonight!

<Parry Taylor>

bearvalley

Postby bearvalley » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:10 am

Silver wrote:Well 'H, it will be an interesting final round in the saddle bronc for sure. The young fella leading leading in the average happens to be my dad's Significant Other's great nephew and calls home about 30 minutes from here so if he pulls it off tonight you might hear me hollerin' all the way down there!

Do you think Jake learned to ride a rank horse from his mornings out wrangling on Darwin's broncy pack horses?

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:32 pm

bearvalley wrote:

Do you think Jake learned to ride a rank horse from his mornings out wrangling on Darwin's broncy pack horses?

He coulda learned it from riding his dads ropin horse too! lol

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:37 pm

Say H, did you happen to hear the 2016 world Champion bronc rider is?

I might have missed it.

I thought maybe he was from some foreign country?

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

bearvalley

Postby bearvalley » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:27 pm

It was a good NFR for Canadian bronc riders when one wins the world Championship and they gather in 1 and 2 in the average as well.

WB

Postby WB » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:24 am

Hats off to the Cannucks.

leanin' H
Rancher
Rancher

Postby leanin' H » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:21 am

Great job to the World Champion Saddle Bronc rider!!!! The Canadians did awesome. I was pulling for my fellow Utahns but ya cant win em' all. Kudos to all the contestants, stock contractors and the PRCA. And thanks to you all for letting me rib ya a little.

<Parry Taylor>

Return to “Ranch Talk”