Ranchers.net Bull Session

Fire Donations

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

Fire Donations

Postby jodywy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:59 am

"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Fire Donations

Postby jodywy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:03 am

It is just a list, Figured it has been vetted .....
"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

mrj
Rancher
Rancher

Postby mrj » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:47 am

Looks well set up. Sure hope the donations, from cash to supplies to feed pour in as generously as they did to SD after the Atlas Blizzard and that huge (for SD) Cottonwood Fire, and the more recent one just north of the Cottonwood. btw, I drove by the south side of that ten days ago and it was showing some very brave little green shoots. The severe cold morning this past week might have set it back, but looks encouraging to think maybe the blackness will disappear before long. Much as I d

on't want more snow, a few inches of really wet snow seems a good prescription for much of this area. We thought we had plenty last winter, but it is going to dry awfully fast with warm temps and high winds forecast for us.

mrj

LazyWP
Rancher
Rancher

Postby LazyWP » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:59 am

Sounds like there was a pretty good sized fire in Nebraska yesterday? If they had the winds we had, I wouldn't have wanted to be fighting it.
From the sounds of things there has been quite an out pouring of help so far.

Return to “Ranch Talk”