Ranchers.net Bull Session

shelter belt help-come on you guys/girls

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
the_jersey_lilly_2000
Rancher
Rancher

Postby the_jersey_lilly_2000 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:53 pm

I am I am..i can tell by the way alabama is laffin I am hehehe
Life is a roller coaster.
You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it!
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸
"Ever day's a good day, just some are better'n others"

cowsense
Rancher
Rancher

Postby cowsense » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:16 pm

Alabama....we've got several hundred feet of dry well you can have for the cost of removal and shipping. Should make lots of post holes!! :wink:

Mike
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Mike » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:30 pm

cowsense wrote:Alabama....we've got several hundred feet of dry well you can have for the cost of removal and shipping. Should make lots of post holes!! :wink:

But he would have to have a "HOLE" saw to cut those wells up into post holes. From what I understand they are hard to keep sharp. :roll:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:34 pm

Mike wrote:
cowsense wrote:Alabama....we've got several hundred feet of dry well you can have for the cost of removal and shipping. Should make lots of post holes!! :wink:

But he would have to have a "HOLE" saw to cut those wells up into post holes. From what I understand they are hard to keep sharp. :roll:

I have a load of post holes on my trailer right now. :cowboy:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Mike
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Mike » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:05 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:
Mike wrote:

I have a load of post holes on my trailer right now. :cowboy:

Are they heavy? Last postholes I bought were very light. Hardly knew they were on the trailer. Had to tie them down to keep them from blowing off.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Chuckie

Postby Chuckie » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:56 pm

you guys are just TOO funny!! i haven't had a chance since sunday to check this, but i would think, mike and ALA, that the kudzu would keep your fences up; and all the rest of you jokers, well, if you'all lived on the great hill country of NE nebraska, or you all in canada, we KNOW what shelterbelts are and how useful they can be.
for example: my house is on the east side of a hill running west to east, about a 20 degree slope, runs north to south about a 5 degree slope (these are all WILD slope est, BTW). i have shelter belts on the top of the slope to the west, and to the north --the north is the one i'm concerned about. seems like a lot of trash is growing under the canopy, including, god forbid, the ubiquitus (sp?) mulberry.
anyway, the best way i've found for killing mulberry is to chop off as far below ground as i can get, then salt the remaining root. doesn't grow back. better stop or you'll get tired of me :roll:

cowsense
Rancher
Rancher

Postby cowsense » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:04 pm

Post holes weigh out pretty good as long as you keep em froze :!: Could be a problem getting them down to Alabam. I could find a couple of ole boys that will deliver just for the cost of their trip! Send directions ! :wink:

Chuckie

Postby Chuckie » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:11 pm

i was gonna say that a person should be able to load the h#ll out of 'em to get a load, carry a WHOLE BUNCH on a truck, no DOT troubles!

Return to “Ranch Talk”