Ranchers.net Bull Session

Bob's Custom Saddle Shop

Stories and questions about our best friends.
slim 2

Bob's Custom Saddle Shop

Postby slim 2 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Looking at a Wade saddle with a Ray Hunt tree built by Bobby Bobbitt from Will's Point,Texas. They sell them at The Country Outpost in Coaldale Alberta. Anyone have any thoughts?

the_jersey_lilly_2000
Rancher
Rancher

Postby the_jersey_lilly_2000 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:26 pm

Wills Point isn't that far from us. I've never heard of him. Doesn't mean he doesn't make a good saddle. But I did find a business profile on him.... here's the link. Also has his phone number listed....if your interested in a saddle he made...you could just call him up.

http://www.manta.com/c/mml2hwb/bob-s-custom-saddle-shop
Life is a roller coaster.
You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it!
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸
"Ever day's a good day, just some are better'n others"

WyomingRancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby WyomingRancher » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Chimenea

Re: Bob's Custom Saddle Shop

Postby Chimenea » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:47 pm

slim 2 wrote:Looking at a Wade saddle with a Ray Hunt tree built by Bobby Bobbitt from Will's Point,Texas. They sell them at The Country Outpost in Coaldale Alberta. Anyone have any thoughts?

Never seen a Wade type Bob's Custom Saddle be kept in stock by a rep, but I know they'll build one as a custom order (I know, I asked them directly). Not sure who makes their trees. They make really nice competition saddles for reining, cutting, and working cow horse. Really good materials, very nice craftsmanship, fancy silver if you want it, and need very little breaking in since they come well-oiled. Not cheap, either.

aspen

Postby aspen » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:48 pm

Bob's Custom Saddle Shop and Bob's Custom Saddles are two different businesses. The first is a one man shop hand making saddles and the second is a very large production outfit. Big difference in saddles made these ways. Worth a look and a try.

slim 2

Postby slim 2 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Thanks aspen, just what I was thinking , how could one employee make all the saddles listed on that other site.

aspen

Postby aspen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Slim, See if you can find out who built the tree. I know he has used some hand made ones on occasion.

Return to “Horses & Dogs”