Ranchers.net Bull Session

Funniest Thing

Stories and questions about our best friends.
Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:56 pm

the_jersey_lilly_2000 wrote:Now....where's Haymakers wood rat story?....it should be amongst these.

Maybe the rat drowned. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

OldDog/NewTricks
Rancher
Rancher

Postby OldDog/NewTricks » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Well I guess every kid in the area learned to ride on BILLY
Boob Heard as dad called him was ridin Billy - we had been to a rodeo the day before and Boob Head asked me how to tie one end of his rope to the saddle horn - I tied an eye in the end and slipped a loop around his horn - he had been ropin fence post - this time he roped the Mail Box and Post as a car came by - he rode to the side of the rode - When he rode back to the rode the mail box post broke and off went Billy with a flyin mail box chasing Him - we jumped into the truck and chased them 1/4 mile, down to the RR Track where we found Billy and Boobhead both shaking like a leaf and Boobhead still had both hands on the Horn, hangin on for dear life
In Gods We Trust!

I Believe in GOD
The “ONLY” Prayer I Make...
“Thy WILL BE DONE”
“Hope I can Learn N ACCEPT”

OldDog/NewTricks
Rancher
Rancher

Postby OldDog/NewTricks » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Richard and I made a make shift harness so we could hook it to the Tongue of our Red Rider Wagon - no reins, just Billy running free on a dirt track.
As Billy came buy me I through a old broken limb under him - off he went - bucking with the wagon hump-up-and-down chasing him - Richard lasted one jump...
In Gods We Trust!

I Believe in GOD

“Thy WILL BE DONE”

OldDog/NewTricks
Rancher
Rancher

Postby OldDog/NewTricks » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:09 pm

George - When we were young Richard's Dad use to buy pony's for us to break for sale.
This one Big Black and White Pony, a "War Bonnet Paint", (Horses were Paint or Pintos before the 60's - Later came the "Paints Horses Breed" and the colored horse [Registry])
Anyway I this pony was always touch on the rump, and I could not get him over that :evil: - - Well this day I was showing the pony for a buyer when George wanted to ride him - He rode up to the buyer on the fence and was telling them HOW gentle it was as he turned 90° to face them and put his right hand on it's rump - he as on the ground and lost a sale so fast...

The lesson:
In those day our Square Bails weighed around 165#. George tied that pony in a Tie Stall in the barn and hung a bail from the rafters so it touched the pony's hind quarters - the pony kicked the bail - it swung way out and came back to knock the pony up-in-to the manger - the next AM that pony was plum Gentle.
In Gods We Trust!

I Believe in GOD

“Thy WILL BE DONE”

jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby jodywy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:37 pm

OldDog/NewTricks wrote:George - When we were young Richard's Dad use to buy pony's for us to break for sale.
This one Big Black and White Pony, a "War Bonnet Paint", (Horses were Paint or Pintos before the 60's - Later came the "Paints Horses Breed" and the colored horse [Registry])
Anyway I this pony was always touch on the rump, and I could not get him over that :evil: - - Well this day I was showing the pony for a buyer when George wanted to ride him - He rode up to the buyer on the fence and was telling them HOW gentle it was as he turned 90° to face them and put his right hand on it's rump - he as on the ground and lost a sale so fast...

The lesson:
In those day our Square Bails weighed around 165#. George tied that pony in a Tie Stall in the barn and hung a bail from the rafters so it touched the pony's hind quarters - the pony kicked the bail - it swung way out and came back to knock the pony up-in-to the manger - the next AM that pony was plum Gentle.

seen
a pack saddle put on a horse that liked to buck when kicked or a little knee pressure , they put a one salt block in each panyard and not lash them down.... then just leave the horse in a corral.
"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

Frisco

Postby Frisco » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:40 pm

In Nov. 1969, my Dad was riding a quarter horse mare that his brother in law brought from an Illinois race track. She was a knot head, but Dad was determined to make a cow horse out of her. He was moving cows down hill when she started bucking and she bucked hard. The latigo broke and Dad and the saddle went flying thru the air. Granddad was behind the hill in the pickup when a horse went flying by him with no rider and no saddle. When he found Dad, Dad was in the sagebrush, sitting in his saddle and still spurring like crazy. Dad was knocked coukoo and never did remember the event. I was a baby and didn't see it of course, but I like the story.

Return to “Horses & Dogs”