Ranchers.net Bull Session

Jody

Stories and questions about our best friends.
Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:05 am

BAR BAR 2 wrote:Talk about goin' to hell in a handbasket. This thread went from bad to worse. Next thing ya know, someone's gonna say they use the pickup horn and a sack of feed. :roll: I'm gonna ask my mother to remember yall at her prayer meeting.

:oops: :oops: This probably fit most of on here to some degree. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffHcGlF0xDw

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

BAR BAR 2

Postby BAR BAR 2 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:06 am

Finally. Thanks Justin.

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:08 am

doesn't impressive go back to three bars???

Just saying.. :wink: :twisted:
Don't sweat the small stuff.

BAR BAR 2

Postby BAR BAR 2 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:15 am

They all go back to something if you dig deep enough Katrina. Your efforts at justification are commendable, but keep in mind that the AQHA wasn't started till the 40's. I know a guy here who had to put down an impressive horse. Well, he has a band of sheep too and thought he could kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. He took the horse out to the pasture that he was having coyote troubles and put it down. He was planning on shootin the coyotes at night when they came in to feed on the carcass. The kicker was, apparently they don't even like Impressive bred horses. They never even touched it.

Justin
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Justin » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:17 am

BAR BAR 2 wrote:They all go back to something if you dig deep enough Katrina. Your efforts at justification are commendable, but keep in mind that the AQHA wasn't started till the 40's. I know a guy here who had to put down an impressive horse. Well, he has a band of sheep too and thought he could kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. He took the horse out to the pasture that he was having coyote troubles and put it down. He was planning on shootin the coyotes at night when they came in to feed on the carcass. The kicker was, apparently they don't even like Impressive bred horses. They never even touched it.

:lol: :lol:
you can't fix stupid.
-Ron White-

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:22 am

Justin wrote:
BAR BAR 2 wrote:They all go back to something if you dig deep enough Katrina. Your efforts at justification are commendable, but keep in mind that the AQHA wasn't started till the 40's. I know a guy here who had to put down an impressive horse. Well, he has a band of sheep too and thought he could kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. He took the horse out to the pasture that he was having coyote troubles and put it down. He was planning on shootin the coyotes at night when they came in to feed on the carcass. The kicker was, apparently they don't even like Impressive bred horses. They never even touched it.

:lol: :lol:

Now that was just hateful... :D :D :D I'm gonna quit this post because I think your blood pressure is rising.......And I don't want you to get sick over this... Have your darling give ya a massage and just relax... :D :D :D
Don't sweat the small stuff.

Denny
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Denny » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:18 am

BAR BAR 2 wrote:Damn Katrina, you just keep diggin' that hole a little deeper. My ex was a leggy redhead with nice lines. Lots of fun to look at and not a brain in her head. Care to venture a guess as to her name?

Last name Mc Donald by chance?????? That was my 1st wifes and she's as you described above damn easy on the eye's but it all ended there.

loomixguy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby loomixguy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:29 am

katrina wrote:doesn't impressive go back to three bars???

Too damn many go back to Three Bars, but that blood is so thin now it's like it's not even there anymore. There are and were a helluva lot of stud horses that SHOULD have been gelded. But in the horse biz, buying the back cover of the Quarter Horse Journal for years and years will eventually achieve the desired results. Hell, that old Texican Carl Miles bought the back cover of the Appaloosa News promoting that two-bit Prince Plaudit for over 20 years, and Prince Plaudit was as counterfeit as they came, but the same propaganda, month after month, and buying off judges at the shows, and hell, even Tony the Pony will become the next big thing if enough folks read it and believe it.

The best stud my dad ever bought came from Center, Texas. He was an appaloosa, but was double bred King Ranch, going back to the Old Sorrell on the top and bottom side, and was as cowy as they came. Back in the old days, a horse could be double registered, registered with the AQHA and the Appaloosa Horse Club at the same time. Norell's Little Red was a prime example of this. Dewey Norell had him registered AQHA, but when my Grand Dad bought him in about 1950 for $5,000, he was registered with the Appy club then, and his name was changed to "Cooterville, Norell's Little Red", the Cooterville denoting he was owned by my Grandfather. Little Red sired a stud my Dad owned who went on to sire 16 World Champion halter and performance appaloosas, including one mare who won $20,000 on the track as a two-year old and then went on to win the world at halter as a three-year old.
Arguing with a Kansas State fan is like playing chess with a pigeon.

No matter how good you are, the pigeon is just going to s*** on the chessboard and strut around like it won anyway.

Chimenea

Postby Chimenea » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:06 pm

katrina wrote:doesn't impressive go back to three bars???

Indeed, three times, making him line bred :wink:

Was intended to be a racehorse, but won the AQHA World as a yearling, and was worth to much to risk wrecking him as a runner.

Looks like a bunch of you fellows have had different Impressive horses than the ones we have. Ours are just great :) The best babysitting horse I've ever met goes to Impressive on her daddy's side. And one of the best riding horses I've ever had the pleasure of riding is out of a daughter of Impressive; she's a natural cutter, too (a little big at 15.2, but will lay back her ears and squat to head off a beef like those 14.0 hand ponies they show on RFD-TV :D ). And the toughest, most resilient horse I ever rode was our big gray stallion that traced three times to Jackie Bee and four times to Impressive (through Kid Clu, Mr. Conclusion, and Coosa). And that big gray stallion would pack my then-4-year-old daughter around on his back like an old gelding (here she is on him: http://www.chimeneaqh.com/images/DSC04845.JPG the paint behind her is a stud, too...)

By the way, whomever posted the pedigree on the Perfect Premonition horse, that gelding is bred to be pretty and ride like a dream. The Mr. Conclusions are really nice movers; we used a stud out of a daughter of Mr. Conclusion that just floats on his feet when he moves (and Mr. Conclusion sired the only horse to win the AQHA World in halter and in western pleasure). And the Page Impressives tend to be big, stout, standup horses. The JD Parker horse of Terry Bradshaw's is (or was) a pretty good roping horse, and the James Caans (let alone the Blondys Dudes) make pretty nice riders. Just make sure he's negative for HYPP if you're not familiar with managing symptomatic horses.

Cheers.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:37 pm

That was a very interesting post, chimenea.
And that's gorgeous gray stallion your little girl is riding.
I could look at pictures like that all day...Thanks for sharing.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Chimenea

Postby Chimenea » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Faster horses wrote:That was a very interesting post, chimenea.
And that's gorgeous gray stallion your little girl is riding.
I could look at pictures like that all day...Thanks for sharing.

:oops: Thanks, FH

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:12 pm

I was going on mostly the reputation they had in this country and the one I owned. I bought him as a 2 yr old stud and cut him in the fall after he had run with some mares where I got him from. My son broke him easily but he didn't have a lick of cow in him. I sold him to Tam's uncle for use in the Shriners Black horse patrol as a 3 yr old. He never had a mishap for 3 or 4 years after riding in all kinds of parades and drills until indoors at Hardin he blew up and broke the uncles pelvis. They never knew why but that's how it seems to happen with them. I don't think he was ever tested.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Return to “Horses & Dogs”