Ranchers.net Bull Session

naughty Ed

Stories and questions about our best friends.
JF Ranch

Postby JF Ranch » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:56 am

loomixguy wrote:What that counterfeit "Ed" needs is a competent adult mounted and a firm command of and grip on either a stockyard cane or an Irish shillelagh. After an application of the aforesaid implement, "Ed" would probably think twice before he pulled any other stunts.

Or perhaps "Ed" just needs a bullet in the center of the "X" between his ears and his eyes. :mad:

I don't know what an "Irish shillelagh" is but I agree with you Loomix. That little SOB needs an attitude adjustment. Ya gotta give the kid a lot of credit for hanging in there. Most kids would be bawling and never ride again. The parents obviously thought it was very funny. I DID NOT.
Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all.

loomixguy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby loomixguy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:26 pm

google it. it's just a fancy name for a walking stick or cane.
Arguing with a Kansas State fan is like playing chess with a pigeon.

No matter how good you are, the pigeon is just going to s*** on the chessboard and strut around like it won anyway.

Justin
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Justin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:47 pm

JF Ranch wrote:
loomixguy wrote:What that counterfeit "Ed" needs is a competent adult mounted and a firm command of and grip on either a stockyard cane or an Irish shillelagh. After an application of the aforesaid implement, "Ed" would probably think twice before he pulled any other stunts.

Or perhaps "Ed" just needs a bullet in the center of the "X" between his ears and his eyes. :mad:

I don't know what an "Irish shillelagh" is but I agree with you Loomix. That little SOB needs an attitude adjustment. Ya gotta give the kid a lot of credit for hanging in there. Most kids would be bawling and never ride again. The parents obviously thought it was very funny. I DID NOT.

i kinda did. :? :wink:
you can't fix stupid.
-Ron White-

flyingS

Postby flyingS » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:03 pm

I am not a fan of ponies, having ridden a few myself growing up. Before I passed judgement I would have to get to know that little boy. I know several kids that deserve a pony like that, of course by the time they got done with that pony he would wish he was never born.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:02 am

Hey guys, lighten up! :D

It was a funny video. Really funny.
And the mother posted many of Ed's 'good days' on
YouTube. She said he mostly was good. The kid has
a helment on...I bet he can ride the hair off anything now!!

This kind of stuff used to happen a lot.
Not that I condone it, but it was funny!
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

BAR BAR 2

Postby BAR BAR 2 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:19 am

I think more kids need something like ed for a while. Not only does it help build a little character, but they also learn how to ride. I wish that I had something as gentle as ed a few times groing up. There is only one horse here that josie is not allowed to mess with, and that is the stud. Other than that, she is allowed to ride whatever she can catch and get on.

That video actually reminded me of a few barrel racers that I know.

Little Ed would be a great addition to my midget rodeo company.

gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

Postby gcreekrch » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:48 pm

BAR BAR 2 wrote:I think more kids need something like ed for a while.

That video actually reminded me of a few barrel racers that I know.

While I don't like the idea of that type of mount for most kids, there was one grew up here that only wanted to ride during rodeo time when there was an audience. His Grandmother would mount him on a gentle old horse and he would compete in the gymkana on it.
Several times I would have loved pulling that little b*****d off his mount and give him a paddling. Yank back on the reins, spurs going a mile a minute and a willow switch at the end of his free arm going up and down like a pump handle. All the while with a furious look on his face.

Ed would have been the perfect mount for him. :wink:
Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

young gun

Postby young gun » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:18 pm

last year an older friend up the way wanted to sell us a pony said his grand kids out grew it. so we stopped to have a look at it and he proceeded to tell me he didn't like to be caught (yanked away from him and the old feller slipped on the ice) he dropped him off to see what we could do with him. the kids rode him a few times very quiet pony but we did't have the money to buy him so tom said we could just sorta keep him at our place as long as the kids were willing to spend the time with him i thought that was nice gave us an extra mount and mouth to feed :roll:
life is short live it to the fullest

Return to “Horses & Dogs”