Ranchers.net Bull Session

Big Bean Cash

Stories and questions about our best friends.
Bruce

Postby Bruce » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:59 pm

The only time a little appy breeding in the background hurt's anything is when they aint got it!!

Do you know why the injun's alway's chose an appaloose for their war horse?

Northern Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Northern Rancher » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Everybody should ride an appy or two in their lifetime. The best/worst stud fight I ever saw was an app and a big Percheron-the Appy spanked him pretty good just about tore his nose off. It was in a corral so the loser couldn't get away-when ours tussel the winner just runs the loser off from the mares and leaves it at that-we always have a little group of wishers and hopers that spend their time about 300 yards away from the mares.

flyingS

Postby flyingS » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:25 pm

Bruce for the same reason the opposing tribe rode paints.. :lol: I have ridden some good aps, dang sure ridden a few poor ones as well. These modern appys are pretty to look at the old pig eyed short mane and tail appys just aren't very appealling.

Bruce

Postby Bruce » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:37 pm

The way I heard, it they started rideing paint's first (they were the only one's they could catch on foot : ) and if you ride an appy any distance you'll be so mad when you get there you'll fight anything lol

Sitting in the tavern the other evening with an old friend who had just been told by his doctor he only had a month to live, I asked him what he was going to do. Said he was going to by an appaloosa horse and a dodge pick up...............figured the next month was going to feel like FOREVER!!

Hey now don't get down on them ol pig eyed, rat tail's, we had a few when I was a kid.....some of the best broke horse's in the country......couple of'em we broke 3 or 4 times :D

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:51 am

Bruce wrote:The way I heard, it they started rideing paint's first (they were the only one's they could catch on foot : ) and if you ride an appy any distance you'll be so mad when you get there you'll fight anything lol

Sitting in the tavern the other evening with an old friend who had just been told by his doctor he only had a month to live, I asked him what he was going to do. Said he was going to by an appaloosa horse and a dodge pick up...............figured the next month was going to feel like FOREVER!!

Hey now don't get down on them ol pig eyed, rat tail's, we had a few when I was a kid.....some of the best broke horse's in the country......couple of'em we broke 3 or 4 times :D

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Return to “Horses & Dogs”