Ranchers.net Bull Session

This dog really really really wants to fetch a stick...

Stories and questions about our best friends.
Kato
Rancher
Rancher

This dog really really really wants to fetch a stick...

Postby Kato » Tue May 10, 2011 1:21 pm

But some people just won't play along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8DiOthAKek
Always drive the truck so you don't have to get out and open the gate.

MsSage
Rancher
Rancher

Postby MsSage » Tue May 10, 2011 8:11 pm

ggeessshhhh he even puts the stick in his lap and the guy just sat there like.... I dont know ...... :?
that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new Government.
Declaration of Independence

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Tue May 10, 2011 9:14 pm

That guy doesn't express any emotion whatsoever; he just sits there like a statue. :roll: You'd think the dog could tell by the man's "body language" that he plain and simple doesn't want to throw the stick. :wink:

burnt
Rancher
Rancher

Postby burnt » Wed May 11, 2011 4:41 am

That made me laugh and cry at the same time. We had to put our last dog, Sadie, down just a little over 2 weeks ago. She was a Collie Heeler cross that was just about as persistent as the dog in the video, always dropping a ball by the feet of whoever was closest.

When I was in the shop, there would be a constant "thunk, thunk", as she kept insistently dropping a ball by my feet or chair while I worked. Steady as could be!

The best one was when we had a family gathering here last summer, in our new shop which was still very clean and uncluttered. Sadie was in her glory, dropping a ball at random by any takers in the group of around 30 people sitting there.

When she decided it was my turn, I tossed it up onto the mezzanine, a routine to which she had grown accustomed long before. She bolted up the steps, found it and retrieved the ball, to the cheers and clapping of all the amused onlookers.

But then she showboated.

She brought the ball back to the group and very slowly and deliberately walked all the way around the inside of the circle of chairs. Looking directly in each person's face, she was showing off the ball firmly held in her toothy grip, practically walking on her tiptoes!

Her tail was wagging vigorously and the corners of her mouth pulled back in the cheekiest grin ever. The grin grew wider as the crowd roared with laughter and she just soaked it up before choosing the next ball-tosser.

Sadie was a gamer, but poor health brought on by old age finally made her drop the ball for the last time.

One tattered tennis ball and two orange ball hockey balls still lie out in the yard and I haven't yet summoned the heart to pick them up. I don't even mind stumbling over them every now and then . . .
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root". Henry D. Thoreau.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Wed May 11, 2011 7:29 am

Awwww, burnt. That was very touching. So hard to lose those old
friends. I wish God had made it so dogs lived longer... :cry2:
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Kato
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Kato » Wed May 11, 2011 9:58 am

I agree.

She sounds like she must have been quite a character. And smart too! After all, think of all the people she trained to throw a stick!
Always drive the truck so you don't have to get out and open the gate.

burnt
Rancher
Rancher

Postby burnt » Wed May 11, 2011 3:26 pm

Yeah, I've often thought of it from that angle too, Kato. They probably think some of their humans are dumber than others cuz they just won't throw the ball or toss a kibble when they ask us too! :? Stupid people! :lol:
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root". Henry D. Thoreau.

hillsdown
Rancher
Rancher

Postby hillsdown » Wed May 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Sorry for your loss Burnt .

Cute video Kato thanks for posting it ! Reminds me of Nickle and her ball or Steff and her Frisbee.

Too bad the audio is ruined by smokers hack in the background . :mad:
HD

Return to “Horses & Dogs”