Ranchers.net Bull Session

Working Cow Horse or Working Horse Cow?

Stories and questions about our best friends.
User avatar
Jigger Boss
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Lakes District, BC

Working Cow Horse or Working Horse Cow?

Postby Jigger Boss » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:26 am


User avatar
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 27781
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:21 pm
Location: SE MT

Postby Faster horses » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:12 am

And here we thought that cattle can't think. This one sure was, if
you ask me. :lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny, jiggerboss! Thanks for posting!
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

User avatar
Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 21290
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:29 pm
Location: Big Muddy valley
Contact:

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:12 pm

Wonder if that was in Germany?

Dang Simmental cattle they haven't changed much over here.
Avatar by Haymaker

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

User avatar
Silver
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 5060
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:51 pm
Location: BC

Postby Silver » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:
Dang Simmental cattle they haven't changed much over here.


Ya, but when you consider the options.... 8)

User avatar
Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 21290
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:29 pm
Location: Big Muddy valley
Contact:

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:29 pm

Silver wrote:
Big Muddy rancher wrote:
Dang Simmental cattle they haven't changed much over here.


Ya, but when you consider the options.... 8)


Just about any breed is an option to simmy's :P :lol: :lol:
Avatar by Haymaker



I can't tame wild women.



But I can make tame women wild.

User avatar
Jinglebob
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 5962
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:39 pm
Location: Western South Dakota

Postby Jinglebob » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:18 pm

That critter has a case of nylon deficiency. Heck, rope him, trip him and put a little copenhagen in his eyes. :wink:
Toda via estoy aqui. I am still here.
website www.dennisranch.com

User avatar
Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 16078
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:54 pm
Location: northern Nebraska Sandhills

Postby Soapweed » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Jinglebob wrote:That critter has a case of nylon deficiency. Heck, rope him, trip him and put a little copenhagen in his eyes. :wink:


Should do the trick. The critter had it out for only one of the horses, or so it seemed. A little "grille guard treatment" from a good stout pickup would also provide an attitude adjustment. :wink:

User avatar
Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 21290
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:29 pm
Location: Big Muddy valley
Contact:

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:38 pm

Soapweed wrote:
Jinglebob wrote:That critter has a case of nylon deficiency. Heck, rope him, trip him and put a little copenhagen in his eyes. :wink:


Should do the trick. The critter had it out for only one of the horses, or so it seemed. A little "grille guard treatment" from a good stout pickup would also provide an attitude adjustment. :wink:


How be we just move on and not get that started again. :roll: :D :D
Avatar by Haymaker



I can't tame wild women.



But I can make tame women wild.

User avatar
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 27781
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:21 pm
Location: SE MT

Postby Faster horses » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:50 pm

I think the applause from the audience was for the bovine......... :D
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

User avatar
Kato
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 2694
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:41 pm
Location: Manitoba - At the end of the road

Postby Kato » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:21 pm

A better horse could have provided the proper attitude adjustment.

Hubby was riding my old horse Abner one day way back, when he came across a situation just like that. We had a calf about that size who had taken part in a great escape, and he was the last one to be found. It was three miles home, and about half way there the calf figured that was as far as he wanted to go. He would lay down, then when the horse caught up to him, he would attack. He would charge right into the horse's chest as hard as he could. Old Abner just leaned right back on him and pushed him down the road. Then the calf would trot ahead about a hundred feet, and lay down again. When the horse walked up to him, he'd get up and attack again. This went on and on for a mile and a half. The chase ended up with the calf, the horse, and Hubby all going down the railroad tracks to the pasture gate... over the railway trestle bridge!

Now that's a champion of a horse. :wink:
Always drive the truck so you don't have to get out and open the gate.

User avatar
Silver
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 5060
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:51 pm
Location: BC

Postby Silver » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:32 pm

I doubt there was anything wrong with that horse, I suspect the problem was the 'rules of engagement' for a working cow horse competition. I would bet that if he made contact with the calf he would be called for roughing the stock or some similar charge. And of course if he gave the calf the education it sorely needed he would no doubt be disqualified.

LazyWP
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:25 pm
Contact:

Postby LazyWP » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Silver wrote:I doubt there was anything wrong with that horse, I suspect the problem was the 'rules of engagement' for a working cow horse competition. I would bet that if he made contact with the calf he would be called for roughing the stock or some similar charge. And of course if he gave the calf the education it sorely needed he would no doubt be disqualified.


That is what is wrong with society in general, and in the show world particularly! NO COMMON SENSE!!! All that calf needed was a bit of an attitude adjustment, whether from a rope, a grill guard, or the chest of a horse.


Return to “Horses & Dogs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests