Ranchers.net Bull Session

Color Help

Stories and questions about our best friends.
tumbleweed_texn

Postby tumbleweed_texn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:30 am

Yeah. Are you familiar with him or this line?

I wish I knew how to navigate the AQHA registry pages.

Tex
Re-elect NoOne in 2012!!!

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:33 am

No.. Just the ones clear in the back. Tell me..

Just type in your aqha number and the pin number on the web site and you can pick what you want to know.. I can help till I run outa money....LOL
Don't sweat the small stuff.

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:35 am

What's the mare?

tumbleweed_texn

Postby tumbleweed_texn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:39 am

He is goin out with the ladies today. Some friends brought him a girlfriend over yesterday and he took care of business. Gotta trim his feet and then ride him out if I can find a ride back to the house.

I just googled cremello/perlino and what the info said disputed all of my theories. Still dont like the color though. According to the site I read, I cant register the colt with AQHA, unless they recently changed the rule.

Tex

tumbleweed_texn

Postby tumbleweed_texn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:52 am

The mare is
Sheza Dun It Parr b.1997
AQHA# 3584746

Tex

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:54 am

tumbleweed_texn wrote:He is goin out with the ladies today. Some friends brought him a girlfriend over yesterday and he took care of business. Gotta trim his feet and then ride him out if I can find a ride back to the house.

I just googled cremello/perlino and what the info said disputed all of my theories. Still dont like the color though. According to the site I read, I cant register the colt with AQHA, unless they recently changed the rule.

Tex

YES..... You can register the colt....... No problem..... I think your cutting off your nose to spite your face as my mom would say... And having a palomino stud, you may deal with more color than you want later on... Hay I've seen weirder things..... Like Soap owning a bunch of hereford bulls..... I almost needed therapy over that one!!! Good Luck!

tumbleweed_texn

Postby tumbleweed_texn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:06 am

The rules must have changed since the article I was reading was written.
I may be selling myself short, but I already have two horse colts that will need started the same time this one will. We are'nt done foaling yet either. Any other horse colts will be thrown in there as well. We've got two horse colts we held over from last year coming along, plus one from the year before. I also have a 3yr old needing started and a 5yr old needing miles. This is just some of the horse colts and geldings that we have ahead of us. One offcolor colt that I dont like wont make much difference. We've got way too many horses anyhow.

Tex

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:10 am

tumbleweed_texn wrote:The rules must have changed since the article I was reading was written.
I may be selling myself short, but I already have two horse colts that will need started the same time this one will. We are'nt done foaling yet either. Any other horse colts will be thrown in there as well. We've got two horse colts we held over from last year coming along, plus one from the year before. I also have a 3yr old needing started and a 5yr old needing miles. This is just some of the horse colts and geldings that we have ahead of us. One offcolor colt that I dont like wont make much difference. We've got way too many horses anyhow.

Tex

Actually in the right circles, He'' bring lots of money.... Price him high!

tumbleweed_texn

Postby tumbleweed_texn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:24 am

We were just talking about how to price him and mom. "IF" I keep him I may put him in the Three Bar's sale in Sheridan.

Tex

JF Ranch

Postby JF Ranch » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:56 pm

tumbleweed_texn wrote:We were just talking about how to price him and mom. "IF" I keep him I may put him in the Three Bar's sale in Sheridan.

Tex

'Notice that "IF I keep him" there, Katrina? You've got him coming around, girl. Keep hammering on him and he'll be bragging about how good this colt is before long!! :lol: :lol:
Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all.

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:01 pm

JF Ranch wrote:
tumbleweed_texn wrote:We were just talking about how to price him and mom. "IF" I keep him I may put him in the Three Bar's sale in Sheridan.

Tex

'Notice that "IF I keep him" there, Katrina? You've got him coming around, girl. Keep hammering on him and he'll be bragging about how good this colt is before long!! :lol: :lol:

:D :D :D :nod: :tiphat:

tumbleweed_texn

Postby tumbleweed_texn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:02 pm

LOL. As soon as I get the paperwork done he will be up for sale. I won't give him away though, so I may be STUCK with him until I get him broke. If that happens I will look around for a good sale to take him to. May even go to a sale back east. I will have several that will be ready to go by the time he is started good at two, or going good at three.

Tex

Return to “Horses & Dogs”