Ranchers.net Bull Session

My saddlle deal fell apart

Stories and questions about our best friends.
HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

My saddlle deal fell apart

Postby HAY MAKER » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:33 am

To many red flags, me and this fella made a deal 4K even, so far so good and I was going to send him a check for $1000 to get started, well he dont take checks.
I dont like to do buisness with anyone that wont take my check kinda a personal deal with me.
Anyway i want this saddle so I agree to visit him and take him $1000 cash that was yesterday, this morning he sends a invoice /estimate and he adds sales tax about $250, stating he will delete the tax when I give him my tax number.
I have played the tax game many times so I inform the man that I will indeed give him my tax number and will need his............So the himhawing started long story short he dont have a tax number he builds these saddles out of his garage and tried to run the price up on me.
Why would he need my number when he dont even have a buisness tax number....................Im Done !!!!!!!!!!!
and still shopping.
good luck

LazyWP
Rancher
Rancher

Postby LazyWP » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:26 am

Sorry the deal fell apart on you, but its better to fall apart now instead of after you paid him.

Lisa says to call 406-446-3730. He'll build you a goodun!!!

loomixguy
Rancher
Rancher

Re: My saddlle deal fell apart

Postby loomixguy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:20 pm

HAY MAKER wrote:To many red flags, me and this fella made a deal 4K even, so far so good and I was going to send him a check for $1000 to get started, well he dont take checks.
I dont like to do buisness with anyone that wont take my check kinda a personal deal with me.
Anyway i want this saddle so I agree to visit him and take him $1000 cash that was yesterday, this morning he sends a invoice /estimate and he adds sales tax about $250, stating he will delete the tax when I give him my tax number.
I have played the tax game many times so I inform the man that I will indeed give him my tax number and will need his............So the himhawing started long story short he dont have a tax number he builds these saddles out of his garage and tried to run the price up on me.
Why would he need my number when he dont even have a buisness tax number....................Im Done !!!!!!!!!!!
and still shopping.
good luck

I feel the same way about someone not taking my check, too, Haymaker. Being in the feed bidness has hardened my heart about being such a sensitive, trusting individual, though. When the deadbeats approach me, I just tell them I need $1,000 cash up front, and when that has been used up, I need another $1,000.....otherwise, the feed supply stops. Keeps the deadbeats honest and I don't have to earn my margin 2 or 3 times.

You are just as well off walking or running away from that saddle deal. Lucky you caught it in time. Hang in there....there's a maker out there just waiting for your order. Lyle Henderson at Platte Valley Saddle Shop in Kearney, NE, makes some nice ones.
Arguing with a Kansas State fan is like playing chess with a pigeon.

No matter how good you are, the pigeon is just going to s*** on the chessboard and strut around like it won anyway.

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:02 pm

LazyWP wrote:Sorry the deal fell apart on you, but its better to fall apart now instead of after you paid him.

Lisa says to call 406-446-3730. He'll build you a goodun!!!

I'll give him a call, see what he's got...................good luck

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Re: My saddlle deal fell apart

Postby HAY MAKER » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:07 pm

loomixguy wrote:
HAY MAKER wrote:To many red flags, me and this fella made a deal 4K even, so far so good and I was going to send him a check for $1000 to get started, well he dont take checks.
and still shopping.
good luck

I feel the same way about someone not taking my check, too, Haymaker. Being in the feed bidness has hardened my heart about being such a sensitive, trusting individual, though. When the deadbeats approach me, I just tell them I need $1,000 cash up front, and when that has been used up, I need another $1,000.....otherwise, the feed supply stops. Keeps the deadbeats honest and I don't have to earn my margin 2 or 3 times.

You are just as well off walking or running away from that saddle deal. Lucky you caught it in time. Hang in there....there's a maker out there just waiting for your order. Lyle Henderson at Platte Valley Saddle Shop in Kearney, NE, makes some nice ones.

I hear you, been on that side of the fence too, but this was a deposit check, no goods or services to be rendered for 90 days ?
I formed my opinion of this man and pride myself in judging character believe I will pass.
good luck

leanin' H
Rancher
Rancher

Postby leanin' H » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Well that just ticks a guy off! :mad: If a guy isn't as good as his word, then why deal with him? I hope you find a honest outfit to spend your money at and i hope their saddle is just what ya want! :D
A poor ride beats a great walk any day!
<Parry Taylor>

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:50 pm

leanin' H wrote:Well that just ticks a guy off! :mad: If a guy isn't as good as his word, then why deal with him? I hope you find a honest outfit to spend your money at and i hope their saddle is just what ya want! :D

yeah, i agree best just walk before he does get some money and then change things on a deal like this trust is everything and I just dont trust this man.
good luck

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:21 pm

HAY MAKER wrote:
leanin' H wrote:Well that just ticks a guy off! :mad: If a guy isn't as good as his word, then why deal with him? I hope you find a honest outfit to spend your money at and i hope their saddle is just what ya want! :D

yeah, i agree best just walk before he does get some money and then change things on a deal like this trust is everything and I just dont trust this man.
good luck

I wonder if that picture of the saddle was even one he made or just
a picture of one he found? It was about the nicest looking saddle I've
ever seen.

Anyhow, Haymaker, looking is half the fun! Glad you found this guy
out! I agree with 'gut feelings'.

And WP that 446 number I believe to be a Red Lodge Montana number. Who's the saddlemaker there that you recommend? If you don't mind saying...
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

LazyWP
Rancher
Rancher

Postby LazyWP » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:52 am

Faster horses wrote:
HAY MAKER wrote:

good luck

I wonder if that picture of the saddle was even one he made or just
a picture of one he found? It was about the nicest looking saddle I've
ever seen.

Anyhow, Haymaker, looking is half the fun! Glad you found this guy
out! I agree with 'gut feelings'.

And WP that 446 number I believe to be a Red Lodge Montana number. Who's the saddlemaker there that you recommend? If you don't mind saying...

Heritage Saddlery. Where I had mine made.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:00 am

Thanks for your reply.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Return to “Horses & Dogs”