Ranchers.net Bull Session

Dogs

Stories and questions about our best friends.
Nicky
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Nicky » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:17 am

We have a neighbor who runs his cattle on the forest, he uses Catahoulas and catahoula crosses. They are neat dogs to be around but haven't seen them work. He loves them for what he does. Mikes dog is a McNab, mine is half BC half McNab. The McNabs we've been around a touch calmer than most BC's. Slick haired (which I don't like the looks of as well but sure hold up in the heat better), and will head and heel.

LazyWP
Rancher
Rancher

Postby LazyWP » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:59 am

I ended up getting a Hangin Tree/Border Collie cross. Picking her up this afternoon. I just hope I am smart enough to bring out part of her potential.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Sounds good! When you get her/him we want pictures!!!!
And good luck!!
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Zilly

Postby Zilly » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:18 pm

LazyWP wrote:I ended up getting a Hangin Tree/Border Collie cross. Picking her up this afternoon. I just hope I am smart enough to bring out part of her potential.

And now you have a dilemma... three dogs, two dog houses. Sounds like Squeak should move inside. ;)

Nicky
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Nicky » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:30 pm

LazyWP wrote:I ended up getting a Hangin Tree/Border Collie cross. Picking her up this afternoon. I just hope I am smart enough to bring out part of her potential.

Thought you weren't in a hurry :wink:

LazyWP
Rancher
Rancher

Postby LazyWP » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:22 am

I wasn't in a hurry, but the deal just came together right, and i HAD to do it. As for the lack of dog houses, Tators, the pup, is sleeping inside for now. Squeak will probably get his bed moved inside when it gets cold. He HATES cold.

Return to “Horses & Dogs”