Ranchers.net Bull Session

Say Horses folks, do any of these youngsters.

Stories and questions about our best friends.
User avatar
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 27767
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:21 pm
Location: SE MT

Postby Faster horses » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:31 am

FWIW, we've learned to stay away from horses that are double bred (same
thing on the top side as the bottom side). They seem to be either really,
really good, or not much. Any that we have tried fit into the 'not much'
catagory. I did know of one horse that a friend had that was double bred
that was tremendous. But I only know of that one....

Good luck, Haymaker. One question: Why do you want to mess with
a weanling colt? And $850 seems like a lot these days for one. You
could buy a 2-year old for that amount, or less...a Texas lady I know
bought 3 horses at a horse sale, 4 year olds, nice papered, good looking,
well-started for $250, $400, and $500. The $250 turned out to be the
best one. But they were all okay horses and ready to ride. There is a lot
of barb wire fences between weanlings and 4 years old. :wink: :P :D
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 8800
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:53 pm
Location: Texas

Postby HAY MAKER » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:02 am

katrina wrote:So you bought the double bred doc bar?


Nope still thinkin...................good luck

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 8800
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:53 pm
Location: Texas

Postby HAY MAKER » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:05 am

Faster horses wrote:FWIW, we've learned to stay away from horses that are double bred (same
thing on the top side as the bottom side). They seem to be either really,
really good, or not much. Any that we have tried fit into the 'not much'
catagory. I did know of one horse that a friend had that was double bred
that was tremendous. But I only know of that one....

Good luck, Haymaker. One question: Why do you want to mess with
a weanling colt? And $850 seems like a lot these days for one. You
could buy a 2-year old for that amount, or less...a Texas lady I know
bought 3 horses at a horse sale, 4 year olds, nice papered, good looking,
well-started for $250, $400, and $500. The $250 turned out to be the
best one. But they were all okay horses and ready to ride. There is a lot
of barb wire fences between weanlings and 4 years old. :wink: :P :D


Yes I know its a buyers market, and i suspect the seller of the colts knows that too, so who can say what he will take for them until the trade winds blow :D
Anyway I get tired of straightening out horse problem, thought I would just raise one myself my way.
good luck

User avatar
katrina
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 8778
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:32 pm
Location: East north east of Soapweed

Postby katrina » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:42 am

:lol: :lol: Fasters, I just knew you would bite....... hee, hee, hee,

Now Haymaker... What did I say about the Doc bar???


Fasters.............. WE could get into sooooooo much trouble together!!!
Don't sweat the small stuff.

User avatar
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 27767
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:21 pm
Location: SE MT

Postby Faster horses » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:55 am

katrina wrote::lol: :lol: Fasters, I just knew you would bite....... hee, hee, hee,

Now Haymaker... What did I say about the Doc bar???


Fasters.............. WE could get into sooooooo much trouble together!!!


Do you think.......we may have already passed the 'could' mark? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

User avatar
katrina
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 8778
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:32 pm
Location: East north east of Soapweed

Postby katrina » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:07 am

Faster horses wrote:
katrina wrote::lol: :lol: Fasters, I just knew you would bite....... hee, hee, hee,

Now Haymaker... What did I say about the Doc bar???


Fasters.............. WE could get into sooooooo much trouble together!!!


Do you think.......we may have already passed the 'could' mark? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Yeah and it's sooo easy.... Just like breathing!!!
Don't sweat the small stuff.

User avatar
Chimenea
Member
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Postby Chimenea » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Well, I'm just sitting here waiting for you ladies to start.... c'mon, now... inquiring minds want to know :wink:

User avatar
katrina
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 8778
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:32 pm
Location: East north east of Soapweed

Postby katrina » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Chimenea wrote:Well, I'm just sitting here waiting for you ladies to start.... c'mon, now... inquiring minds want to know :wink:


You first!! :wink: :twisted:
Don't sweat the small stuff.

User avatar
Chimenea
Member
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Postby Chimenea » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:51 pm

katrina wrote:
Chimenea wrote:Well, I'm just sitting here waiting for you ladies to start.... c'mon, now... inquiring minds want to know :wink:


You first!! :wink: :twisted:


My mother and grandmothers always insisted that ladies go first, and that I should never, ever -- under any circumstances -- cut in front of a lady. To cut in front of you or FH (or, heaven forbid, both of you) would be plain uncivilized. :lol:


Return to “Horses & Dogs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests